Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
lynchburgbull
Posts in topic: 3

IWB help please

Post by lynchburgbull »

Hi folks,
Im new to concealed carrying and need to ask about IWB holsters. I am a big guy, 6'1 330lbs 48-50" waist. Im trying to figure out what holster to start with. any suggestions from the big guys out here? There are way to many choices to just pick one and hope it fits and works well. What about appendix carry ? any body my size carry in that position?

thanks folks

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Re: IWB help please

Post by mojo84 »

Crossbreed Supertuck works for me. Would also consider an Alien Gear which is very similar.

Main thing is to get a good gun belt.

Good luck and welcome!
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Rrash
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rrash »

Appendix carry is pretty uncomfortable for big guys like me. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Whitehat Maxtuck. They both work great, and I've never heard anything but good reviews on Alien Gear's stuff as well. I tend to wear the Crossbreed more just because it is a little thinner, thus a little more comfortable for me personally if I'm going to be sitting down at a desk all day. The Whitehat is a little thicker, both in the kydex and the leather. I think it looks much better (mine is a Texas flag) and might be a little more comfortable if you are standing up a lot.

I know Alien Gear will get it to you the cheapest and the fastest. 2nd on both would be Whitehat, and Crossbreed (most expensive) will likely take 4-6 weeks. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these options.

Topic author
lynchburgbull

Post by lynchburgbull »

thanks guys Ill look at them. I work for Harley Davidson so I have a real good belt for it and Im on my feet most of the day or on a bike.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

lynchburgbull wrote:thanks guys Ill look at them. I work for Harley Davidson so I have a real good belt for it and Im on my feet most of the day or on a bike.

A good belt is not the same thing as a good gun belt. A good gun belt often has kydex reinforcement in between the layers of leather to add a significant amount of stiffness. Several manufacturers make them, and I've personally found it to be well worth the money (I use a Comp-Tac).

This one has been shown elsewhere by others on this forum, but it is worth showing again:

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
lynchburgbull

Post by lynchburgbull »

ok thanks, didnt know that

bloodhound13

Post by bloodhound13 »

For those of us on the "beefier" side, N82 Holsters. I have literally taken a nap laying down on my back in appendix carry with an Ed Brown Kobra full size 1911, I have one as well for my full size M&P9, both in the "Pro" version. The holster covers the entire pistol, so nothing is "digging in".

I am waiting on an order I just placed for a holster for my M&P9 with the TLR-3 light attached, from reviews, and watching how he makes his holsters, it should be comfortable as well.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Comp-Tac is similar to Crossbreed in having a wide array of IWB holsters.

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INCOG.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I just ordered one of these. I've been looking for awhile and this is what I settled on. Haven't gotten it yet but I will report on it when I do.
Skip Bishop

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am past the "big guy" size now. I am no where close to normal size. I carry a Glock 19 all day with Raven Vanguard apendix carry. On Sunday's I where a OWB holster.

As mentioned earlier a good gun belt is essential. Not just a thick belt, but a belt made to hold a gun.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I am 6'4" and 270lbs (coming down after holidays I hope) and use the Crossbreed belt and holster without an issue
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Can't emphasis enough the importance of a quality "gun belt".

Honestly, it makes a huge difference.

A & G Custom Gun belts are among my favorites.

Simply Rugged are good too, just not as pretty as A & G, imo....

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Don't forget about the Wilderness Instructor Belt. I own four, one in each color they make. Buy either the 5 stitch or, the reinforced option and 1.5 inch minimum. Try one you will like it. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

MoJo wrote:Don't forget about the Wilderness Instructor Belt. I own four, one in each color they make. Buy either the 5 stitch or, the reinforced option and 1.5 inch minimum. Try one you will like it. :tiphat:
Yup, infinite adjustability.
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

surferdaddy wrote:
MoJo wrote:Don't forget about the Wilderness Instructor Belt. I own four, one in each color they make. Buy either the 5 stitch or, the reinforced option and 1.5 inch minimum. Try one you will like it. :tiphat:
Yup, infinite adjustability.
That is one long belt. ;)
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”