kangaroo carry

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
PaJ
Posts in topic: 2

kangaroo carry

Post by PaJ »

So disclaimer up front. I am a fairly new CHL holder. I am still trying to figure out the right gun, holster, etc. Usually I carry a Sig P938 in either an IWB or my kangaroo carry. Today I decided to carry my Springfield XDm In my KC. I was surprised at how well it worked. I wear slacks and a button up to work. I've not perfected the tucking my shirt around the IWB so KC is my go to during the week. Carrying the much larger, double stack gun wasn't much different than carrying the smaller single stack. Looks like I have a new EDC now. when the KC isn't practical I will go back to IWB and the 938.

Just a personal discovery for a new guy that I thought I would share.

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: kangaroo carry

Post by joe817 »

Have you considered a 'tuckable IWB'? Many holster manufacturers make them. I've been wanting one for years, but have never had the extra spending money for one. :cool: :lol:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wd »

joe817 wrote:Have you considered a 'tuckable IWB? :
Tuckable IWB's used with business casual wear or a suit, where you MUST tuck in your shirt are best setup with an accomplise. When I absolutely had to dress up when I was carrying, I used to have my wife help me with the proper amount of blousing of the shirt so it didn't look too loose, compared to the rest of the tucked in shirt, or wasn't stretched too tightly, which then allows your gun to print it's distinctive outline, at least that part that was above the belt, quite a bit. Since I lost my wife to cancer in 2013, I've almost never felt that I was able to adjust my shirt as well as someone else could, but I've never had anyone freak out, nor has anyone asked if I was growing another appendage on my ample belly, either.

It does take practice to get the shirt tucked just right so that it hits that happy median of tightness versus extra shirt hanging out.

So, to the OP - if the Kangaroo is working out for you with the smaller AND larger gun, sounds like you've found the winner, for you.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Topic author
PaJ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PaJ »

I have an Alien Gear tuckable IWB, but haven't become comfortable with a shirt tucked in with it. It may not be as visible as I think it is - or maybe when I lose "more than a few" pounds my shirts will blouse better to not print. The IWB works great with the smaller gun and an untucked shirt. And, I find it very comfortable. But in my usual business attire, the deeper conceal works better for me. I don't have an IWB for my larger gun, but think it'd be much more difficult to conceal that way. With the Kangaroo Carry, if I ever have to draw I'd lose a few buttons, but that's OK with me.

n5wd, I'd like to say I'm sorry for your loss. My late wife was 39 when she passed of cancer in 2008. Now I'm married again and have five teenagers (three mine and two hers). Though living with five teens may seem crazy to some, I love my family. :anamatedbanana :woohoo :anamatedbanana I hope you find peace and joy, in whatever form that may come for you.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”