I NEED to find the perfect OWB holster!

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
surferdaddy
Posts in topic: 7

Re: I NEED to find the perfect OWB holster!

Post by surferdaddy »

Thanks for the raven pics Rrash, I think I'm leaning toward a raven, bravo, or jm custom owb kydex rig.
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Rrash wrote:Here are some pictures of the Raven. I wore it to work today. Nobody noticed.
[ Image ]
[ Image ][/size]
Looking at that outward cant on the grip in that holster I can't imagine that my G30SF sticks out that far in my paddle serpa. I just went to check in the mirror and the grip has a bit of an inward cant.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LDB415 »

There's Tucker Gun Leather and there's everything else.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bmwrdr »

surferdaddy wrote:
Beiruty wrote:How about Blackhawk Sepra with a good and stiff gun belt?
I did at one point try one for my m&p; It was actually more comfortable than I anticipated. I'd say the only place I felt it lacked a bit was in concealability, it was my only foray into paddle holsters. I have seen that they are available with loops; I wonder if it would be significantly more discreet?
I have a Blackhawk Serpa with loops and it is comfortable to carry but it does hang out, even with a good belt. When I say "stick out" I compare it to my leather OWB holster but I have no comparison to the paddle version.
Last edited by bmwrdr on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

bmwrdr wrote:
surferdaddy wrote:
Beiruty wrote:How about Blackhawk Sepra with a good and stiff gun belt?
I did at one point try one for my m&p; It was actually more comfortable than I anticipated. I'd say the only place I felt it lacked a bit was in concealability, it was my only foray into paddle holsters. I have seen that they are available with loops; I wonder if it would be significantly more discreet?
I have a Blackhawk Serpa with loops and it is comfortable to carry bit it does hang out, even with a good belt. When I say "stick out" I compare it to my leather OWB holster but I have no comparison to the paddle version.
I carried a G27 in a blackhawk serpa sportster paddle setup for about 9-10 years without any problems. Since switching to a G30SF, I got another blackhawk serpa sportster for it and have been carrying for about 3-4 years now, also without any problems. They do stick out a tiny bit more than some holsters, but apparently not enough to be an issue. Even in the summer time.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I bought one of these at Academy Sports for car carry. It is a Fobus OWB paddle holster.
I will continue to use my Kramer for CCW, but this would do in a pinch.

NRA Endowment Member

MarshalMatt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MarshalMatt »

http://www.theholsterstore.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

surferdaddy wrote:Ok, so my drawer of holsters has turned into a box of them and now I am considering a tote to contain all of my attempts at finding a holster which suits my needs. I have grown tired of wasting money. So my issues are as follows.

I carry a Glock 27. I have many other...a few other defensive implements but my glock and I are pals; I trust it, love it's size/weight to firepower ratio and I wield it well enough to be considered effective. As much as I like my glock, it is a bit chunky and fully loaded has some heft. So, I've tried many IWB holster ranging from standard hybrid to Nate² to all leather to all kydex. I found the nate to be the most comfortable but even it always seemed to pull my britches down as I am a bit lacking in the trunk department. I generally use a wilderness tactical 5 stitch 1 3/4" instructors belt but also have kydex reinforced leather rigs that I use as well; good belts. IWB=no good for me.

So on to OWB holsters. I've had a few in leather; dm bullard side guard/dual carry, desantis pancake. All dug in to me if worn long enough. So I'm now thinking kydex owb. I can't seem to find a holster with what I hope will make a holster work for me.

I would like:
A generous curvature as I like to carry 3 o'clock or just in front of hip bone (2:45 ish)

A mostly flat back to minimize pressure points; most molding on the front.

Adjustable height and cant would be nice.

Maybe a comfort lining on the back to further eliminate hot spots.

Good close to the body carry for concealment.

Body shield.

Would be nice to be able to switch loops for different belt sizes.

Now, if anyone knows of a maker who has all these features; you could just save me a lot of money. And thanks for reading about my issues as I'm a desperate man.

Surfer
I accumulated a large box of holsters over time as well and if you find one, meeting your criteria, please let us know.
My preferences are below but none meets all of your requirements.
1. Bladetech Nano IWB and OWB.
2. D.M. Bullard Dual carry, ....
3. Garrett Industries, I have the Silent Thunder GT and it is pretty good.
At this point I mainly use the 1. option but it's summer soon and I'll switch back to the SIG P938 and pocket carry.
But I'll surely avoid buying a holster and change clips or other items around to fit my belt.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”