Alien Gear Cloaker 2 vs. Galco King Tuk

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
BCGlocker
Posts in topic: 2

Alien Gear Cloaker 2 vs. Galco King Tuk

Post by BCGlocker »

I ordered the two holsters (one for G23 one for G27) on 3/9 and they arrived today (4/5). When I was placing the order at AG’s website, it stated 4-5 week which they are right on time. Because I did not want to wait for one month without any IWB holster, I also ordered a Galco Kin Tuk at same day. The King Tuk arrived one week later.

So, I have been EDC at 4-5’olock position with the King Tuk for about three weeks. It is as comfortable as possible when there is pistol push again my side. I never experienced other people’s description of “I nearly forgot it is on me.” It is tolerable and I always know it is there to poke me. I wish it is more comfortable and I do want to give credit where credit is due, the King Tuk is very concealable.

I am looking forward to switch to the AG holster and give it a try. Beside the obvious difference in the backing material (King Tuk uses leather and AG uses neoprene), my initial observation is that AG’s holster covers the entire muzzle, which I prefer. However, the rivets on backside of the AG holster are much rougher than the King Tuk, which may cause irritation against my skin. Only time will tell. I will report back after a bit of EDC.

Here are a few photos

Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Alien Gear Cloaker 2 vs. Galco King Tuk

Post by n5wd »

There shouldn't be any irritation from the rivet receptors if you wear a T-shirt in between the holster and your skin. That's another great way to reduce the amount of persipation that the holster is exposed to, as well.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

i'm just curious here, and im not trying to jab at you but i've been carrying for few years now and i've never worn a t-shirt in between the holster. i've carried the crossbreed leather/kydex style, full kydex style, and full leather style. i guess it may be because i carry lower with the handle just above the belt line but parallel to it. for me wearing drawers is much more important!
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

PaJ

Post by PaJ »

I am more round that I wish I was, but my DNA is wired so that even when I'm "skinny" I have love handles. That being said, a tshirt makes a big difference where the holster contacts my skin above the belt line. I don't think it's because of the rivets (I wear an AG with leather backing) but just the stiffness of the leather. I do wear it sometimes without a tshirt though so it's not horrible. I've never had blisters are anything like that. But it is more comfortable with a tshirt.

I don't have a pancake holster yet. I really want to try that during the summer when I'm wearing a shirt untucked. I have to dress business casual so it's usually long sleeve button downs. During the summer I can make an exception though. On weekends I can easily conceal OWB with an untucked shirt - which is how I normally dress anyway. I don't have the money in the budget right now for an OWB holster. Maybe for Father's Day.

Topic author
BCGlocker

Post by BCGlocker »

With the El Paso heat coming up shortly, I can't imagine adding another layer of clothing such as an undershirt. I will have to make this IBW carry to work or look into AIBW more closely.
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

TresHuevos

Post by TresHuevos »

BCGlocker wrote:With the El Paso heat coming up shortly, I can't imagine adding another layer of clothing such as an undershirt. I will have to make this IBW carry to work or look into AIBW more closely.
Fellow El Pasoan here, wearing a "wife beater" style shirt has been great middle ground for me. Please post back on your AG experiences, I am considering getting one for my new Ruger.
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

PaJ

Post by PaJ »

BCGlocker wrote:With the El Paso heat coming up shortly, I can't imagine adding another layer of clothing such as an undershirt. I will have to make this IBW carry to work or look into AIBW more closely.
I'm in Houston so feel your pain. That's why I don't like the Kangaroo Carry in the summer time. I generally wear a tshirt anyway to protect my shirts from excessive sweating (I realize that logic would say the tshirt contributes to the sweating, but I sweat regardless, and this keeps me from having underarm rings). This summer, I'm going to try "cooling" tshirts to see if its better. Going to be wearing more camp style shirts so that OWB is an option.

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

I've always worn Tee (Crew or Vee) under my shirts regardless of the weather and I've lived in El Paso, now SATX, spent much time in Houston and all roads in between both cities, in the Tropics, Rockies and Andes. I find it helps keep me cool and easier on my over shirt - but different strokes for different folks!! I've got an AlienGear with leather back and a spare shell for another pistol, but they don't get much use as I've gone to OWB for about a year now with untucked shirt - Camp style, Guayabera or rayon Tropical or pocket Henley's, combined with a good gun belt and Perry suspenders is a winning combo with my Shiner Belly. :txflag:

As for the AG holster, absolutely best deal going IMHO for IWB. I do have several Kholster (no longer in business) that I like for IWB because they had full coverage of pistol thus no body contact whatsoever, which works well in Texas heat and humidity

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”