recommendations for a 1 3/4" belt

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Rrash
Posts in topic: 1

Re: recommendations for a 1 3/4" belt

Post by Rrash »

I own belts by The Beltman and Comp-Tac. Both are great belts. Comp-Tac will arrive quicker. More options and customization with The Beltman.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I have BeltMan, Galco, and Comp-Tac for leather belts, and Wilderness Tactical nylon belts.

I recommend BeltMan for everything related to carrying handguns. Well worth the cost.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

wharvey

Post by wharvey »

About 15 years ago my wife bought me a holster and belt, horsehide, from Kramer Leather. The holster, an OWB, is still in super shape but the belt while serviceable is showing signs of wear. Plus I've lost about 30 pounds since and have had to punch more than a couple of holes. Figure after 15 years of daily wear it is about time. Only problem is of course the almost $150 replacement cost.

Now I'm going to have to think about possibly going with one of these other brands. OF course if I can get 15 years from a Kramer??? Decisions, decisions.
Bill Harvey

License to Carry Handgun - Indiana, since Aug 1997
CHL - Texas, since Aug 2011

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

wharvey wrote:About 15 years ago my wife bought me a holster and belt, horsehide, from Kramer Leather. The holster, an OWB, is still in super shape but the belt while serviceable is showing signs of wear. Plus I've lost about 30 pounds since and have had to punch more than a couple of holes. Figure after 15 years of daily wear it is about time. Only problem is of course the almost $150 replacement cost.

Now I'm going to have to think about possibly going with one of these other brands. OF course if I can get 15 years from a Kramer??? Decisions, decisions.
That's only $10/year, not too bad. ;-)

I have two Kramer horsehide holsters and they are great.

I might have bought their belt, but I already had two Beltman bullhide belts when I bought the holsters.

They are not cheap, about $100, but still less than Kramer.
NRA Endowment Member

ripnbst

Post by ripnbst »

RG Gunleather for leather and Wilderness Tactical for Nylon.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

BigGuy wrote:I just bought a 511 Tactical at Gander Mountain a couple of weeks ago. Right around $45.00. It's my first gun belt as opposed to a heavy belt. With only a couple of weeks, I obviously can't comment on durability, but it certainly does do a better job with my holster. I also ordered the leather loops for my Alien Gear holster, replacing the bent clips. The eyes also feel like the won't stretch out.
Has anybody put miles on a 511 Tactical? Am I still going to be happy with this thing in a few months?
I have that exact same one. Excellent belt. Good and stiff, but very light. Actually very comfortable, and holds my OWB holster smack against my ribs. Haven't put a lot of "miles" on it yet, but I feel like it will last a very long time.
-Ruark

blackdog8200

Post by blackdog8200 »

The 5.11 instructor belt stands up well (2 years ) and has the flexibility to adjust to different rigs, daily "weight fluctuations" and IMO might just be the best type of belt for IWB concealed carry.
It also supports well for a large double action revolver Gp 100 6" in a standard holster owb....

I have a 5-6 year old galco CB3 CONTOUR dress belt that is very durable and supportive. Think it is 1 1/2 inches and tapers down to 1 inch at the front. It is already curved to fit when you get it and the taper is good for us older waistline challenged guys. It wasn't cheap but it was worth every penny.
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

For y'all with leather belts, do you get the internal stiffener, or no? (I usually carry AIWB like the OP)

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Simply Rugged Holsters gunbelt. Wearing one right now. High Quality. Order it about an inch or two longer than the way they describe the process, though.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Smokey wrote:For y'all with leather belts, do you get the internal stiffener, or no? (I usually carry AIWB like the OP)
Jumping Frog wrote:I've owned a number of gunbelts, including Daltechforce.com, Bullhidebelts.com, 5.11 belts, and theBeltman.net. For me, theBeltman.net belts are the best quality, with Daltechforce.com also a very good choice. Of course, theBeltman belts are also more expensive than Daltech.

Either way, I recommend the internal stiffener.
:iagree:
Since 2008 I've bought 2 with, and 1 without .... I'll ALWAYS get internal stiffener from now on.
CopmpTac contoured with stiffener is still my favorite so far

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Smokey wrote:For y'all with leather belts, do you get the internal stiffener, or no? (I usually carry AIWB like the OP)
My leather belts are from Beltmanno stiffeners because the leather is thick enough and it does not need it.

For me -
Leather is Beltman. This is my dress belts.
Wilderness Instructor with the stiffener - everyday belt.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”