Wearing a visible, empty belt holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wearing a visible, empty belt holster

Post by Oldgringo »

I'll empty my holster whenever I have a Dr. appointment that requires partial or total disrobing. My PCP is Canadian by birth who may ask if I've lost my gun :mrgreen: or sometimes say nothing. Same with the other Docs. No biggie in any event. I've even handed the gun to my wife in front of the doctor/nurse and no one goes bananas. Of course, we live in rural east Texas and ain't real suave like city folk.

With all the stuff that is worn around many waists these days, yours is probably not noticed....unless it has a light, bell or other attention getting device on it. That is assuming that you don't act guilty or otherwise call attention to it.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Distinguished Rick wrote:I don't walk around with an empty holster. I have walked around with an empty wallet though thanks to the wife. :nono:
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!! "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

DEB

Post by DEB »

My friends and I were weighing about wearing empty holsters here on Fort Hood. That away if there is another Active Shooting and we happen to get it, folks would walk up, shake their heads and comment, "I wonder what would have happened if they could of been allowed to carry?"
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Unocat wrote:Has anyone else left their empty holster on?
Since I have not open carried, I have not.
I use a paddle holster so I could remove it easily if need be.
I would have no issue with a visible empty holster. After all, it is just an empty leather holster.
Like Oldgringo, my OWB holster doesn't have any lights or bells and I don't act guilty so it most likely wouldn't be noticed.
I would not carry an empty holster just to make a statement or to attract attention. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

n5wd wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:I did this yesterday. Had to pick my son up from school in between errands.

I parked off school property and walked into the school with my exposed, but empty OWB holster. Didn't feel like untucking my shirt. Got a couple looks, but no comments.

Why? Open carrying in your vehicle is perfectly legal in the parking lot or driveway. You only have a problem if you have to enter the school building to retrieve the offspring!
Two reasons. I didn't want the potential misunderstanding if an employee had started asking me questions in front of my son, and more importantly I parked across the street at a park where he likes to play. We had a few minutes to kill so I wanted to let him enjoy the slides and such.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”