Lookinh for a good holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Texasboy281
Posts in topic: 3

Lookinh for a good holster

Post by Texasboy281 »

Im looking for a good holster to carry.... Anyone know of any good holsters for a XD 9mm subcompact? I prefer one that is in the waist band with the belt clip high so most of the gun is concealed .... I order one from Amazon and the belt clip is to low in my opinion leaving much of the gun exposed causing printing when I wear it any one know of a good holster.... Thanks in advance!!!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Lookinh for a good holster

Post by WildBill »

Texasboy281 wrote:Im looking for a good holster to carry.... Anyone know of any good holsters for a XD 9mm subcompact? I prefer one that is in the waist band with the belt clip high so most of the gun is concealed .... I order one from Amazon and the belt clip is to low in my opinion leaving much of the gun exposed causing printing when I wear it any one know of a good holster.... Thanks in advance!!!
If you want leather check out High Noon. If not someone else will offer a suggestion.
NRA Endowment Member

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Curious what holster you got from amazon ? Might give us an idea of what you don't want. Currently during the week my EDC that I am using this holster with my XDs 9mm:

http://www.amazon.com/Galco-Walkabout-H ... o_pC_S_ttl

Rides well IMO, and doesn't take much to put on/take off. Can't wear it in the office(or I fear getting spotted wearing it due to company policy) so I take it off as I get in/out of the car coming/going to work. The leather feels nice... It is a softer leather so I'm pretty sure it'd collapse if in you remove the gun while being worn. I don't particularly care but I've seen some people complain about that issue.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Texasboy281

Post by Texasboy281 »

It won't let me post a pic of it keep saying to large I even tried to screen shoot it from Amazon page says its to large ..... But I like everything about it but where the clip is located I'll try to find out how to resize it

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Just post the URL to the amazon page
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Texasboy281

Post by Texasboy281 »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D8ILTT ... nd+holster

That's it like I said I like everything about it.... The only bad part is where the belt clip is located my opinion

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jago668 »

There are many places doing leather holsters that do good work, for leather I prefer D M Bullard out in Azle, TX. Does good work, and is in Texas. I had an Alien Gear holster that works well enough. However I have switched to, and loving, my Raven Concealment Eidolon. Warning on the Eidolon, it is some assembly required since it is customize-able.
NRA Benefactor Member

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Yeah... that does look like it would ride a little high. The 2 Galco's I have sits just right above the belt line. If your not liking the spare clip holster, you can always get the one without:

http://www.amazon.com/Galco-Stow-N-Go-I ... ZD912KEPPA

I've had my original galco holster just like the one I just linked since about 2008ish and its still in great condition, only recently swapped to the one w/ a spare mag after getting it as a Christmas gift.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Make your own. MUCH cheaper......and better:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Two words
CROSSBREED SUPERTUCK

I have tried several holsters and haven't run across one I like better.

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

Texasboy281 wrote:Im looking for a good holster to carry.... Anyone know of any good holsters for a XD 9mm subcompact? I prefer one that is in the waist band with the belt clip high so most of the gun is concealed .... I order one from Amazon and the belt clip is to low in my opinion leaving much of the gun exposed causing printing when I wear it any one know of a good holster.... Thanks in advance!!!
If a kydex holster is to your liking take a look at the link with the deep ride option. Tried one for a Glock 26 and liked it so well got one for a Glock 43.

Mike

https://www.zornholsters.com/quick-ship ... th-holster
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

tk1700

Post by tk1700 »

I have a Stealth Gear IWB and love it! It has a nylon type material on the back instead of leather and stays cool on hot days.

http://stealthgearusa.com

jed

Post by jed »

Make a holster yourself. I have about $60 in material for all of these.
I'm not crazy about the belt clips. I clip them over pants under my belt. May change them one day.

jed

Post by jed »

The one with the SP101 is re-purposed. I originally made it for a 1911, that's why the top of the leather doesn't quite line. Very simple to and fun to make.

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

I have the SPRINGFIELD subcompact in 9mm and the 40 S&W. Cooler weather the Hidden Hybrid. I can't stand the sweat that it cause in the summer. In the summer I like the Garrett Industries holsters. The Kydex does not let the sweat get to the firearm and the herman oak leather helps keeps the finish looking good a bit longer. OWB Ross gun in South Africa and Tucker Byrd. These holsters also fit the Glock 19/23. I wear custom clothing and printing is not an issue. For me it was in my mind, because no one was looking to see if I had a gun.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”