Same Holster for Ruger LCP II as for S&W Bodyguard .380

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Crash
Posts in topic: 3

Same Holster for Ruger LCP II as for S&W Bodyguard .380

Post by Crash »

Does anybody know if the Ruger LCP II fits properly in the DeSantis Super Fly made for the S&W Bodyguard .380? I just bought the Ruger and hate to buy a bunch of new holsters and I already have one for the S&W Bodyguard .380. The Ruger seems to fit OK, and the dimensions of the two pistols aren't that different, but DeSantis says I need the holster made specifically for the Ruger. Reckon they just want to sell me another holster?

Crash

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Same Holster for Ruger LCP II as for S&W Bodyguard .380

Post by Jusme »

Crash wrote:Does anybody know if the Ruger LCP II fits properly in the DeSantis Super Fly made for the S&W Bodyguard .380? I just bought the Ruger and hate to buy a bunch of new holsters and I already have one for the S&W Bodyguard .380. The Ruger seems to fit OK, and the dimensions of the two pistols aren't that different, but DeSantis says I need the holster made specifically for the Ruger. Reckon they just want to sell me another holster?

Crash

It is all a matter of retention, if the Bodyguard holster holds your LCP securely, then I see no problem. I don't own either gun so I can't comment on the similarities, but holsters are made by forming them to specific guns, so even if it "seems" to fit , it may not be as secure. Or the transverse, it may "grab on" to it making your draw less effective. You will just have to practice with it, check retention, and draw speed. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Crash

Post by Crash »

Jusme,

Thanks, I appreciate the input. :tiphat:

Crash

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

If you go to the DeSantis website and search for your guns it shows that they both use the same Superfly holster. :tiphat:

SKU M44BJY8Z0
UPC 792695327059

BTW I use the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holsters for my Colt Detective Special and Beretta PX-4 SC.
I think they are a great product.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
Crash

Post by Crash »

WildBill,

Thanks for the info--I appreciate it.

Crash

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”