False Testimony by President of Texas Chapter of Mom’s Dema

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

False Testimony by President of Texas Chapter of Mom’s Dema

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I posted the entire article. It's on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in the What Where They Thinking section. The article on the TFC website has links to the videos and data. I'm also going to post it on Facebook in case anyone wants to share it.

Chas.
TexasFirearmsCoalition.com wrote:Kelly Burke falsely testified that there are no statistics regarding crimes by Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees. That was a real whopper!

Multi-billionaire Michael Bloomberg is pouring money into sham organizations in an attempt to strip Americans of their Second Amendment rights. He has to disguise his efforts by funding different organizations because Americans are tired of his desire to control every aspect of their lives from the amount of soft drinks their kids can drink to denying them access to self-defense handguns.

Kelly Burke, President of the Texas Chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, testified under oath (video at the 07:56:50 mark) during public hearings on two gun bills, SB11 (campus-carry) and SB17 (open-carry). Her testimony was to be expected as it was nothing more than a retelling of “blood in the streets” predictions heard when concealed-carry was passed in 1995 and when the Motorist Protection Act was passed in 2007. It was a big yawn moment, right up to the point that she made a blatantly false statement to the committee. Ms. Burke’s false sworn testimony was a real eye-opener because everyone in the room knew it was not true!

She testified that:

“We do not know about how quote responsible CHL holders are because data set is not available and it’s completely locked down. Any statement about how quote responsible and law-abiding CHLs are is completely anecdotal and therefore conjecture.”

Ms. Burke’s statement is demonstrably untrue and she either knew it or should have known it. Prior to the beginning of testimony, Sen. Huffman, Chair of the Committee, read a statement making it clear that everyone who signed up to testify that they were doing so under oath. This admonishment alone should have given Ms. Burke pause, but as can be seen by her demeanor, she was not deterred.

The Texas CHL statute has always required the Texas Dept. of Public Safety to publish certain data on crimes committed by Texas CHL holders. DPS has gone above and beyond the call of duty by publishing all criminal data on CHLs and this information has been available for almost two decades. This data has been analyzed and published on the TexasCHLforum.com also for many years. The analysis is presented both in summary form, per 100,000, as well as in detail for every crime category maintained by DPS.

There is a humorous side to this story. Obviously, Ms. Burke was unaware that it is likely that every Senator on the Committee was already in possession of the DPS statistical data and analysis since it has been proved to them and used in both the Senate and House for several legislative sessions. So every Senator listing to those comments knew they were untrue.

Remember this when you see other false, inflated and/or unbelievable statements by Moms Demand Action, Every Town, or any other Bloomberg plant. For all anyone knows, Kelly Burke may be a very nice, sweet lady caught up in a Bloomberg scheme of lies. Nevertheless, one must ask why would a Bloomberg shill provide false testimony under oath to a Senate Committee just to thwart expansion of Second Amendment rights? Come to think of it, that was a silly question.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Re: False Testimony by President of Texas Chapter of Mom’s D

Post by C-dub »

Did anyone call her on it? Could or will they pursue perjury charges?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

I can't remember what he said but the guy they shipped in that said he is a survivor of the Virginia Tech shootings said something that stood out as not true to me but I can't tender right now what it was.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

SRH78
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SRH78 »

Sadly, that isn't the least bit surprising. These fools lie so often, they probably don't even remember what the truth is. Hopefully incidents like this will help more people realize what these groups truly are.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Post by treadlightly »

I'm pretty sure one of the "Mom" types (nothing like my Mom, I assure you) said something along the lines of how there were no other states that allowed open carry, and none considering it. Sad.

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

I like the law student that was going to be forced to leave the state of Texas to pursue her college education else where although the university she would have attended here would not get her tuition money . I thought that was truly sad . lol

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

C-dub wrote:Did anyone call her on it? Could or will they pursue perjury charges?
No, it was so late, everyone was tired, and everyone wanted to go home. Had it happened early on, Sen. Birdwell would have blasted her on it.

Chas.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

"Obviously, Ms. Burke was unaware that it is likely that every Senator on the Committee was already in possession of the DPS statistical data and analysis since it has been proved to them and used in both the Senate and House for several legislative sessions. So every Senator listing to those comments knew they were untrue."

YES! YES! YES!! I knew it! The folks HAD to have had information like that prior to the hearing. And bless them for keeping a straight face, and moving right along! :thumbs2:

'
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Even the Austin chief said CHL folks were a gem for comparison .

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
C-dub wrote:Did anyone call her on it? Could or will they pursue perjury charges?
No, it was so late, everyone was tired, and everyone wanted to go home. Had it happened early on, Sen. Birdwell would have blasted her on it.

Chas.
I have to say, I was VERY impressed with the way Senator Joan Huffman ran the meeting. She was ruthless - in a good way - in that she kept the thing on track and moving, and she didn't tolerate nonsense.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

joe817 wrote:"Obviously, Ms. Burke was unaware that it is likely that every Senator on the Committee was already in possession of the DPS statistical data and analysis since it has been proved to them and used in both the Senate and House for several legislative sessions. So every Senator listing to those comments knew they were untrue."

YES! YES! YES!! I knew it! The folks HAD to have had information like that prior to the hearing. And bless them for keeping a straight face, and moving right along! :thumbs2: '
The comments about "1/15th as likely to commit a crime" and "15 times less likely to commit a crime" came from the data I keep updated here on the Forum and that I provide to Senators and Representatives. In fact, the "15 times less likely" language is a direct quote, but it was from prior years since we up to better than 17 times less likely.

Chas.

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wd »

Referring to Tam's post, above...

:iagree:

This was the first time I've watch a Texas leg committee at work (have watched the feds on CSPAN before) and I was quite impressed.

Unfortunately, I had to burn data on my mobile wiFi hotspot, as the school's network didn't have the ooomph to stream the video. It was worth the $$$, though.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The comments about "1/15th as likely to commit a crime" and "15 times less likely to commit a crime" came from the data I keep updated here on the Forum and that I provide to Senators and Representatives. In fact, the "15 times less likely" language is a direct quote, but it was from prior years since we up to better than 17 times less likely. Chas.
It's like you said 2 or 3 days ago, paraphrasing(or words similar), "there are many people besides forum members who frequent the forum, as they know they will get accurate, factual and timely information."

Thank you. :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
I certainly understand that but a perjury charge would be appropriate. It would give great exposure to who they are. It's one thing to lie in the media. It's a complete other to lie during a legislative or judicial process.

K5GU

Post by K5GU »

I wasn't surprised by her comments. Remember that she's a member of the cult infested with people who promote more gun free death zones.
Life is good.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”