HB 910 Conference Committee

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmra
Posts in topic: 14

Re: HB 910 Conference Committee

Post by jmra »

AJSully421 wrote:Very nice. Hail Mary from the 50 yard line and the wide receiver caught it in the back of the end zone!

Nice work to all involved!
And we got the two point conversion!
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

bigity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bigity »

Nice! Thanks to all the folks working the system for this and all the folks keeping this forum updated with news and info.
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

FormerTSgt
Posts in topic: 5

Post by FormerTSgt »

Opening carrying in Austin will be something I do on 1 January just because. :txflag:
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AJSully421 »

jmra wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:Very nice. Hail Mary from the 50 yard line and the wide receiver caught it in the back of the end zone!

Nice work to all involved!
And we got the two point conversion!

That will be when Campus Carry passes.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

casp625
Posts in topic: 16

Post by casp625 »

casp625 wrote: Anyone else notice that 30.06 only has to be posted conspicuously while 30.07 signs have to be posted at each entrance???
After thinking about it, I guess this really isn't that big of a deal after all.

FormerTSgt

Post by FormerTSgt »

Charles,

I'll keep this brief. Thanks for all your hard work, seen and unseen. Thanks for keeping us in the loop when you were able to and for putting up with us when you couldn't.

Much obliged, sir.
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

big454
Posts in topic: 8

Post by big454 »

Some members here say they will hardly ever open carry and it really is up to them come Jan. 1st 2016. I myself will open carry on my days off. I open carried as a Texas commissioned security officer for the past 20 yrs . I would like to think that I was very careful about constantly being aware of my surroundings . I think if you dress properly most of the public will think you're law enforcement not through any fault of our own. :cheers2: Cheers to open carry. :patriot:
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

Alekks

Post by Alekks »

As many have already stated, a big "Thank You" to Charles, Alice and everyone else both in the spotlight and behind the scenes that worked long and hard to get us to this moment. A Great Day for Texas!
Sig P220 Carry, Sig P229, Kimber Ultra Carry II

CHL Timeline
3-18-2010 Class Taken
3-19-2010 Packet mailed
4-07-2010 Pin Received
4-10-2010 Processing Application
4-25-2010 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
4-28-2010 Plastic received

jmra
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jmra »

Alekks wrote:As many have already stated, a big "Thank You" to Charles, Alice and everyone else both in the spotlight and behind the scenes that worked long and hard to get us to this moment. A Great Day for Texas!
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

thatguy

Post by thatguy »

big454 wrote:Some members here say they will hardly ever open carry and it really is up to them come Jan. 1st 2016. I myself will open carry on my days off. I open carried as a Texas commissioned security officer for the past 20 yrs . I would like to think that I was very careful about constantly being aware of my surroundings . I think if you dress properly most of the public will think you're law enforcement not through any fault of our own. :cheers2: Cheers to open carry. :patriot:
How do you mean..? :confused5
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

OlBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OlBill »

big454 wrote:Some members here say they will hardly ever open carry and it really is up to them come Jan. 1st 2016. I myself will open carry on my days off. I open carried as a Texas commissioned security officer for the past 20 yrs . I would like to think that I was very careful about constantly being aware of my surroundings . I think if you dress properly most of the public will think you're law enforcement not through any fault of our own. :cheers2: Cheers to open carry. :patriot:
One reason I thought the "badge" requirement was a really bad idea.

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nitrogen »

ImageImage

ImageImage
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

big454
Posts in topic: 8

Post by big454 »

OlBill wrote:
Note: How one chooses to dress is completely up to them. Just when I go out with a gun I myself will try to represent CHL holders in a good light .
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

Rick Harris

Post by Rick Harris »

I guess the BBQ guns and holsters are back in style !

OlBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OlBill »

big454 wrote:
OlBill wrote:
Note: How one chooses to dress is completely up to them. Just when I go out with a gun I myself will try to represent CHL holders in a good light .
Me too.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”