Your 2014 Vote is Critical

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Your 2014 Vote is Critical

Post by Skiprr »

Historically, liberal voters turn out in lower numbers in non-presidential years. But this November is critical to us, and to helping ensure our Second Amendment rights.

On the federal front, we not only have the opportunity to retain control of the House, but to send liberal mouthpiece Harry Reid packing and to take control of the Senate. In Texas, we can deliver a massive defeat to the "Turn Texas Blue" campaign and let Wendy Davis know that she has no chance...now or ever.

If liberal voters turn out in low numbers, let's make sure that we turn out in record numbers for the November 4th General Election. Please confirm with everyone you know that they intend to vote.

Register: If you need to register, your application must be received in the Voter Registrar's office or postmarked at least 30 days before an election for you to be eligible to vote in that election. For the 2014 General Election that postmark deadline is October 6, 2014.

Early Voting: This year, early voting begins Monday, October 20, 2014. Early voting ends Friday, October 31, 2014. There is no comprehensive source of early voting locations. Google "texas early voting locations [your county]".

Polls are open at varying times during early voting and from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. on election day, November 4.

Let's do this.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Beiruty

Re: Your 2014 Vote is Critical

Post by Beiruty »

My wife and I will be voters for the first time. We are voting Red. Not all immigrants vote blue. We registered in person too.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Wes
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Wes »

Finally convinced my girlfriend it was time, I've voted since I was able but this is her first time. :clapping:
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Last year I dragged (by the hand, literally) my wife to the polls to vote against a local bond proposal. After the recount, the bond failed by one vote. True story. My wife is now a regular voter.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Beiruty wrote:My wife and I will be voters for the first time. We are voting Red. Not all immigrants vote blue. We registered in person too.
Im happy to welcome new citizens such as you & your wife. You possess the same attitude my immigrant forefathers brought with them. Congratulations on your rightfully earned privileges. :patriot:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Beiruty wrote:My wife and I will be voters for the first time. We are voting Red. Not all immigrants vote blue. We registered in person too.
Congratulations
Charlie

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Welcome to your first election!

I remember when my wife and I were going through her immigration interview - hoping to get her work permit approved and/or permanent residency approved.

The guy told us that IF he approved her today, she'd have her green card (with restrictions) within a week or two. Then, she could apply to have the restrictions removed in 2 years, and then one year after that, she could apply for her citizenship. He sat back, smiling because he'd just laid out the 'golden plan' - the plan that everyone who comes to his office wants: she could become a citizen in just three years (She'd been here legally before that, but on a visa).

My wife sat forward and told him it wouldn't work. She really needed to vote in the fall of 2008. She needed to be a citizen before then (yes, she delivered this with a tounge-in-cheek attitude and a smile that could melt an iceberg).

He told her that it wouldn't be possible for her to vote in 2008, but we have elections all the time. She'd be able to vote as soon as she was a citizen.

"No, you don't understand," she said, "I need to vote against Hillary!" :evil2:

(The current organizer-in-chief wasn't a contender at the time, be we all knew that the carpet-bagger was going to run.)

He sat back, arranged the papers on his desk, and said, "I'm sorry ma'am, but we're not allowed to discuss politics here (long pause) but I REALLY wish I could help you though, I really, really do ... but my hands are tied (he was choking back a huge smile by now).

Within about 2 seconds after that, he'd stamped her work permit as 'Denied', and then told her she didn't need a work permit...she was a legal resident now. He stamped that one with 'Approved'. shook her hand, and told her to never forget to vote once she was able to do so.

:patriot:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

tbond75

Post by tbond75 »

Absolutely. It is a responsibility, not just a privilege.

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

RoyGBiv wrote:Last year I dragged (by the hand, literally) my wife to the polls to vote against a local bond proposal. After the recount, the bond failed by one vote. True story. My wife is now a regular voter.
That is amazing
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Topic author
Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

A Gallup poll published Wednesday--from data obtained September 25 through 30--shows that voter turnout for the 2014 midterm elections will likely be lower than in the 2010 and 2006 midterms; that voter engagement is more similar to 1998 and 2002 than to 2006 and 2010:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/178130/voter ... terms.aspx

Clearly they didn't poll me, but the respondent numbers show that 32% are "extremely motivated to vote" this fall compared to 50% in 2010 and 45% in 2006. Asked if they've given a lot of thought or even some thought to this midterm election, 33% said yes compared to 46% and 42% in the prior two midterms.
Gallup Politics wrote:Although the current political environment in many respects is more similar to the anger and frustration that led to higher voter turnout in 2006 and 2010 than to the generally content electorates that voted at lower rates in 1998 and 2002, Gallup's key indicators point to voter turnout that more closely approaches the latter elections than the former. The key to explaining that may lie in the current divided party control of Congress, with voters having no clear way to act on their frustrations with the state of the nation and the government. With little hope of 2014 being a "change" election -- even if Republicans win the Senate, the GOP-controlled Congress will have to contend with a Democratic president -- more Americans appear to be willing to sit out this fall's elections than was the case in the previous two midterm election years.
We can't afford to "be willing to sit out this fall's elections." With two more years of this presidential administration, it's critical that the Democrats control neither the House or the Senate.

Please encourage your family, friends, and acquaintances to vote this fall.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

First of all, congratulations Beiruty.
Yes, we all need to vote here in the Great State of Texas. But I've been sending the few pennies I can spare to the campaigns of Tom Cotton in Arkansas, and Bill Cassidy in Louisiana. If you have friends or family in those states, be sure and encourage them to vote. Those are close races and may be decided by only a few votes. Also Kansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Colorado, Iowa, and North Carolina.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Skiprr, the poll you cite and the information you relay tells you all you need to know. The vast majority of Americans could care less that the country is on the precipice.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Skiprr, you're right of course. But I think the turnout, such as it is, is going to be voting against the democrat party as much as they are for anything. These have been the most tumultuous years I can ever remember, and people are HUGELY dissatisfied.......and that is not necessarily good for some republicans either, many of whom have earned the ire of the grassroots.....but it is going to hurt democrats a LOT more than it will hurt republicans.

Obama's ratings are heading down the toilet (SOURCE), and democrats are desperate to avoid any kind of association with him:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... ent-obama/
[youtube][/youtube]

And then you've got Wendy Davis trying to shame Abbott over his wheelchair. That's some kind of new low.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/w ... 11783.html

I've read other articles stating that democrat voters have kind of given up. They are pretty well convinced that they are going to take a terrible beating at the polls this time around. You've even got overtly democrat "journalists" like Chris Matthews lecturing Obama about his immigration policies. The democrats still largely "own" the black vote, but the number of black voters who are disenchanted with Obama's immigration policies is way up....because those policies hurt them perhaps more than anybody else.

And that's the problem for dems, in addition to running against whatever republican candidate they have to face, they are ALSO running against (and away from any association with) Obama.....never mind that he's not running himself. These people are terrified of what admitting they voted for Obama will do to their election chances. For SURE it calls every bit of their judgement into question. The very policies which were supposed to be the democrats' crowning achievements have been DEEPLY divisive and extremely unpopular, even within their own party. As one article I read suggested, if Grimes had answered "yes, I voted for him, but I have been deeply disappointed by the way he has handled some issues", most people would say "well, she's a democrat, so of course she voted for him, and good for her for not being his sock puppet". Instead, what we get this is embarrassing denial.....where she tries to dodge the question......which leads many people, myself included, to conclude that the democrat party is full of lying corrupt "bosses" who are more interested in getting and keeping power than they are in governance. (Mind you, I have to come thing that about the republican party leadership too.)

Another interesting thing about democrat politicians who are running "against Obama" is that it says something about how afraid they are of their own political machine when they can't just come out and say what we all know.....that his presidency has been a disaster and that they regret their vote. If the way republican leadership have dealt with Tea Party grass roots are any indication, I don't blame dems for being afraid of their own party.

Our nation's politics are jacked up beyond all possibility of repair. The glory days of the country are behind us because I truly believe in my heart that no amount of election wins for either party can fix what ails us........and that is a sick and dying culture that desperately needs God.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Hope and change turned to be a failure. But all of you remember that dems only promise and fail to provide especially in a split administration. Second, Demographics is changing. Latinos and Blacks would be the majority of the populace very soon if not by now.

As GOP, I cannot stress enough the importance of providing second to none, 1st class Education system and open market jobs to cater to all levels of the society. Educated nation is the only hope for us to succeed in the future.

Third, open up to minorities and rally those by providing better economy and better income potential.
Finally, it is up to the us to work hard and live the American dream.

BTW, I still hate it to see on Foxnews some talking heads so Xenophobic and ridiculously stupid with their loose tongues.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

First, congratulations Beiruty.

A couple of years ago one of my employees was complaining about the state of things not only on the national front but local county and city as well. He had already said he didn't vote in the past election so I told him unless he had voted, he had no reason to vote. I also told him not only was it his right to vote but it was his duty. He is now registered and anxious to vote in this election.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “2014 Elections”