What do you mean "don't vote early!!!?"

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What do you mean "don't vote early!!!?"

Post by philip964 »

Voted already. No line at all. CHL was shown as a sample I D you could provide.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

Thanks for the reminder.

Me and She will be voting tomorrow.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

When I was a kid, in the 1950's,growing up in Nothhern California, I remember the sawmil where my dad worked closing down at noon so everyone could go into town to vote. It appeared that everyone took voting more serious back then. I remember my dad and grandpa talking about it being an obligation to vote, and that rights are obligations. To them military service was an obligation also.

longhorn86

Post by longhorn86 »

The Mrs. and I will be voting tomorrow. :txflag: :patriot:
NRA Life Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Got mine in yesterday afternoon late.
Hope windy davis & the rest of her ilk gets a whoppin 28% of the vote. Aaahh or maybe even less.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Post by 77346 »

Oh, I voted yesterday... I'll be out of town on Nov 4th.
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Wife and I voted Friday. It feels great to have it done.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

My wife and I voted on Friday.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

We're traditionalists. We've always voted on the Tuesday of the election. After reading Charles' post, we decided to vote early. Voted Saturday.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Voted on Saturday, and took my 6-year old daughter with me (again) so she can learn more about it.

Plus, I'm working the polls next Tuesday.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

My 18 year old daughter voted for the first time Friday. She sent me a picture with her "I Voted" sticker with the text of "Go Abbott!" as her comment in the text. I was proud and thought I had done something right. This morning, I saw her in person for the first time since she voted. I asked her if it felt good to vote for the first time. She said that honestly it didn't feel any different. That she didn't think it was that big of a deal. She had voted for class president in high school, it was about the same. Where did I go so wrong?

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MotherBear »

Voted Saturday, with the kids in tow. :patriot: A nice election volunteer sat down with the older two (6 and 4) while we were in line and showed them how to use the sample voting machine (I think they got to choose among candidates for the purple, blue, and silver parties). They thought it was pretty cool. My only objection is that she taught them to vote a straight-party ticket. ;-) Personally, even if I'm voting straight party I'd rather select each candidate individually. It's probably silly, but I like the feeling that I've selected each individual candidate I'm voting for. And a friend who regularly volunteers as an election judge has told me that usually when they have problems with the machines, it's on straight-party votes rather than individual ones.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

clarionite wrote:My 18 year old daughter voted for the first time Friday. She sent me a picture with her "I Voted" sticker with the text of "Go Abbott!" as her comment in the text. I was proud and thought I had done something right. This morning, I saw her in person for the first time since she voted. I asked her if it felt good to vote for the first time. She said that honestly it didn't feel any different. That she didn't think it was that big of a deal. She had voted for class president in high school, it was about the same. Where did I go so wrong?
You didn't. Kids don't really think about how big an impact that an elected official like the Governor or President has until they start paying taxes and trying to make it on their own. That's one of the main reasons we have our present POTUS is there was a very big contingent of young, easily swayed voters who voted for Obama because he was younger and charismatic. Add that to the hardcore democrats and the lazy welfare sucking vote and it all added up to him getting the electoral vote. Perception by younger voters is not what it will be when they get older and mature more.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Keith B wrote:You didn't. Kids don't really think about how big an impact that an elected official like the Governor or President has until they start paying taxes and trying to make it on their own.
Most of them don't get it even then, judging by the ratio of complaints about local taxes vs. voter turnout in local elections.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

Keith B wrote:
clarionite wrote: ... Where did I go so wrong?
You didn't. Kids don't really think about how big an impact that an elected official like the Governor or President has until they start paying taxes and trying to make it on their own. That's one of the main reasons we have our present POTUS is there was a very big contingent of young, easily swayed voters who voted for Obama because he was younger and charismatic. Add that to the hardcore democrats and the lazy welfare sucking vote and it all added up to him getting the electoral vote. Perception by younger voters is not what it will be when they get older and mature more.
She works full time and goes to college. She lives at home, with no bills. But she's paying her tuition and books on her own. We had a little problem her last two years of HS keeping her focused, and I felt that her having some skin in the game made her much more likely to take college seriously. She makes payments for her tuition, and complained a bit about not getting any help from us when she made the second payment. I had he sit down, I told her I wanted to add some numbers up. I told her to write down how much she pays in rent, electricity, water, groceries, medical insurance, car insurance, car payments, etc... She looked at me with a puzzled look and said she doesn't pay any of that. I told her to remember that the next time she feels like she's not getting any help with paying her way through school. The look on her face was almost as priceless as when she complained about the taxes held out of her check and I showed her the taxes held out of one mine.

I hope she learns as she gets older. But for now I'll take it as a victory that she voted. I don't know how she voted other than for Abbott. I didn't ask her, and didn't offer suggestions. But of course she didn't have to be too observant to have picked up on who I was voting for in all the major races.

Return to “2014 Elections”