Possible shooting at UCLA

Post reports of crimes on campus in this forum. This is a temporary forum and posts will be transferred to the Crime Blotter at the close of the 2015 Texas Legislative Session.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Possible shooting at UCLA

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

TresHuevos
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Possible shooting at UCLA

Post by TresHuevos »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:http://abc7.com/news/ucla-on-lockdown-a ... g/1366494/
http://www.latimes.com/la-me-ln-ucla-sh ... story.html

Didn't CA just pass stricter laws and a gun ban on college campuses?
How dare you attempt to inject logic into this situation!!! Don't you know this is all about emotion and how it makes me feel? /s
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Early reports I'm seeing are 2-4 injured. Really sparse details right now.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Clearly a false story. Guns are not allowed on college campuses in Kalifornia.

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

August 1st can't come soon enough for our fellow Texans LTC brothers and sisters that find themselves having to spend any time at "select" institutions of higher learning here in Texas . :txflag:

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Mavs00 wrote:August 1st can't come soon enough for our fellow Texans LTC brothers and sisters that find themselves having to spend any time at "select" institutions of higher learning here in Texas . :txflag:
:iagree:

Flightmare

Re: Two Dead in UCLA Shooting

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

I just got a blurb that there were two dead.....How can that be if there are no guns allowed?

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Oldgringo wrote:I just got a blurb that there were two dead.....How can that be if there are no guns allowed?
Gun free zones do work! Not that is true, but tell that the CA Governor.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

SoloXCRacer

Post by SoloXCRacer »

<sarcasm>Clearly they need more gun laws! </sarcasm>

MustangGlocker

Post by MustangGlocker »

CBS News reports that a police source says shooting appears to be a murder/suicide.
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

SoloXCRacer wrote:<sarcasm>Clearly they need more gun laws! </sarcasm>

And they are going to get them. I bet they pass more laws mandating that you can only have 1 round per month. After you use that round the next month you will have to travel to the state capital and submit to a DNA test and a colonoscopy in order to get your replacement round for the next month. It will probably cost 200 bucks as well as insurance required to travel with dangerous substances!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Syntyr wrote:
SoloXCRacer wrote:<sarcasm>Clearly they need more gun laws! </sarcasm>

And they are going to get them. I bet they pass more laws mandating that you can only have 1 round per month. After you use that round the next month you will have to travel to the state capital and submit to a DNA test and a colonoscopy in order to get your replacement round for the next month. It will probably cost 200 bucks as well as insurance required to travel with dangerous substances!
There a reason that Kalifornia is known as the land of 'Fruits and Nuts'.

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

So I saw the new reports on TV of the Shooting last night. Near as I can tell it was a murder/suicide that was confined to a professor's office. I believe there was even a note. I wonder if the professor who was killed at some point regretted the fact he could not have a gun with him, especially if this student had previously shown, the he/she was somewhat unstable.

There were scenes shown of how students went on lock down. Many examples were shown of classroom doors being locked from the inside with belts, furniture piled up against doors. After all these years, California has no money to put thumb turn dead bolt locks on classroom doors?

But from the looks of the film footage at the scene it was like some kind of war zone. I saw at least 100 or more armed swat officers, armored vehicles, and lots and lots of students on their knees with their hands in the air being frisked, students being led in lines with their hands in the air etc. Lots of rifles pointed at students. For as much as I practice making sure my muzzle is always pointed down, it was very scary just watching it. I assume it was very frightening for the students being treated like armed suspects. Very fortunate none of the students made sudden moves or reached to pull up their sagging pants. The swat officers are to be complemented for no other fatalities that day.

There was some talk of a citywide alert and at least three schools outside of the college campus being on lock down.

Almost all the police presence shown was in military styled clothing, I saw few officers in blue. I would assume it takes some time to get a group of police swat officers like this assembled and moved to a university. (an hour?)

Wouldn't a simple investigation of the professor's office by the local campus police have determined it was a murder/suicide before all these forces were assembled. Or, did someone higher up decide, hey this is a good excuse for a live drill.

For a part of the world that dislikes guns, police and the military, it seems California really likes to put on an good authoritarian show of force for the media.

Return to “Crimes on Campus”