A woman defends her castle - multiple inside videos

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TheArmedFarmer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A woman defends her castle - multiple inside videos

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

Amazing video. That guy must have been sleeping with a pistol in his hand. Sound asleep while his wife takes care of the bad guys.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

He must sleep with it in his hand.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

AndyC wrote:I forgot to mention - that was Port Elizabeth in South Africa. Burglars in that country have the habit of tying folks up with wire and torturing the householders with knives, steam-irons, etc - so yes, many folks have a firearm literally under the pillow.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ ... s-20150512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That actually makes sense now. I was in disbelief when I saw the video earlier today and the man instantly produced a handgun upon waking up.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

I was surprised at my reaction watching the jackals slink through the house - I am in a rage. I will be prudent & keep the rest of my thoughts to myself.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Jim Beaux wrote:I was surprised at my reaction watching the jackals slink through the house - I am in a rage. I will be prudent & keep the rest of my thoughts to myself.
You aren't the only one thinking them. . .
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

Only thing I could add would be some range time might have brought a happier ending...

BobCat
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BobCat »

Too bad the cats couldn't talk...
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

ELB

Post by ELB »

Yikes. Exciting night.

Good for her, and I hope the kitties are ok.
USAF 1982-2005

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

ScooterSissy wrote:Only thing I could add would be some range time might have brought a happier ending...
:iagree:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Cats. "rlol" The do make tasty tacos though (just kidding, I love animals, just prefer dogs to cats). My 5 dogs would have been barking loud enough to wake the dead. Then again, I understand in SA the perps often poison your dogs. At first I thought they were old school with those revolvers. I like revolvers for carry at times but at home at night it's going to be a Glock or CZ, or something of that nature...if not a rifle or shotgun. But I've read that a revolver is about the only handgun you can legally own in SA? I read an article awhile back about a Minister using a snubbie to defend his congregation against attackers with AKs.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

VMI77 wrote:Cats. "rlol" The do make tasty tacos though (just kidding, I love animals, just prefer dogs to cats). My 5 dogs would have been barking loud enough to wake the dead. Then again, I understand in SA the perps often poison your dogs. At first I thought they were old school with those revolvers. I like revolvers for carry at times but at home at night it's going to be a Glock or CZ, or something of that nature...if not a rifle or shotgun. But I've read that a revolver is about the only handgun you can legally own in SA? I read an article awhile back about a Minister using a snubbie to defend his congregation against attackers with AKs.
Do a search of Andy c's posts. Any gun is difficult to to legally own in sa. Revolvers are fine for most folks. For most folks, the gun will not be the rate limiting factor. In other words, you can own any gun, but you will still lose a shoot out with mr miculek or the garland Texas police officer who took out 2 terrorists armed with aks, bullet proof vests, & kt s2000 with a glock at 25 yards. If you shoot as well as these guys, then, the rate limiting factor is your gun and not you. Otherwise, the rate limiting factor is you.

Cats have musk glands that supposedly make them taste horrible. However, some hunters tell me that it is an easy matter to remove musk glands. They tell me that bobcat stew is quite a delicacy.

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

Cats have fangs and claws. We usually keep our claws retracted, but they come out instantly when needed.

As far as more range time / happier ending - the good guys are safe, the bad guys ran, nobody got dead and nobody got arrested.

Getting thrown in jail for shooting someone - even if later found not-guilty and released - is to be avoided if possible.

I think the outcome was real satisfactory; only better ending would be the cops grabbed the bad guys and threw them in jail.
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”