We need more Good Samaritans

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

We need more Good Samaritans

Post by mojo84 »

I know not everyone is able or willing. However, if we had more Good Samaritans that would respond and do the right thing, the thugs of the world would be more reluctant to prey on the weaker and less able. These folks responded in a heroic way and need to be commended. We need more instances like this if we want to make our world safer. We need to quit relying on others and the government to protect us and protect ourselves and each other.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... r-not-bla/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[video][/video]

The thugs and bad guys band together for their cause, we need to band together for right.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: We need more Good Samaritans

Post by RoyGBiv »

A glimmer of hope.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

jmra

Post by jmra »

RoyGBiv wrote:A glimmer of hope.
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

joe817

Post by joe817 »

jmra wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:A glimmer of hope.
:iagree:
:iagree: + 2
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

There wasn't enough prior footage to tell me enough other than some guy was being restrained.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Abraham wrote:There wasn't enough prior footage to tell me enough other than some guy was being restrained.

You read the article?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Here's another good Samaritan that saved his neighbor instead of just calling for police and being a good witness.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -20-hours/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

The larger problem is asymmetry. The thugs have the advantage because they have little or nothing to lose. One of us makes a mistake and we can lose everything, including our freedom. In some parts of the country it's made worse by a political and legal system that is more like the UK than traditional America. I've lived this kind of asymmetry twice....with bad neighbors. They can make your life miserable and if they're clever, in such a way that there is almost nothing you can do about it legally. It's easier to be a good Samaritan where good deeds go unpunished.

There has been a decades long attack by the Statists on individual action and a long subtle campaign to dis-empower ordinary people. We're told to let the "professionals" take care of things in all aspects of life and in many cases sanctioned for not doing so. This is an intentional incremental subordination of the individual to enable those in power to more readily assert control over the populace.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

VMI77 wrote:The larger problem is asymmetry. The thugs have the advantage because they have little or nothing to lose. One of us makes a mistake and we can lose everything, including our freedom. In some parts of the country it's made worse by a political and legal system that is more like the UK than traditional America. I've lived this kind of asymmetry twice....with bad neighbors. They can make your life miserable and if they're clever, in such a way that there is almost nothing you can do about it legally. It's easier to be a good Samaritan where good deeds go unpunished.

There has been a decades long attack by the Statists on individual action and a long subtle campaign to dis-empower ordinary people. We're told to let the "professionals" take care of things in all aspects of life and in many cases sanctioned for not doing so. This is an intentional incremental subordination of the individual to enable those in power to more readily assert control over the populace.

very true, and very well said!

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Maxwell »

mr surveyor wrote:
VMI77 wrote:The larger problem is asymmetry. The thugs have the advantage because they have little or nothing to lose. One of us makes a mistake and we can lose everything, including our freedom. In some parts of the country it's made worse by a political and legal system that is more like the UK than traditional America. I've lived this kind of asymmetry twice....with bad neighbors. They can make your life miserable and if they're clever, in such a way that there is almost nothing you can do about it legally. It's easier to be a good Samaritan where good deeds go unpunished.

jd
And IMO a very dark viewpoint.

...I'll put away my rose colored glasses now...
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Maxwell »

mr surveyor wrote:

jd
And IMO a very dark viewpoint.

...I'll put away my rose colored glasses now...
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”