NV: Las Vegas gun owner recalls deadly shootout: 'I got all of my hits'

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

NV: Las Vegas gun owner recalls deadly shootout: 'I got all of my hits'

Post by ELB »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-gu ... of-my-hits

DA: Fatal shooting in parking lot was ‘clear case of self-defense’

Man, walking with his brother, thwarted earlier in day while attempting to purchase a gun at a gun store threw rocks at the gun store windows after hours, then encountered a boyfriend and girlfriend in an a fast food parking lot. The man drew a handgun and walked towards the couple with gun pointed at girlfriend, "smiling." Boyfriend, with license to carry, drew his handgun and fired 10 (per first article) or 11 (per second article) shots, says he put 9 in torso and one in "central nervous system"). Man also fired several rounds and according to the surviving brother, fired first.

Brother was unharmed, took off, later captured charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Brother told police "the white male [boyfriend] shot in self-defense and should not be charged,” which is an interesting twist.

Boyfriend and girlfriend left scene, driving to boyfriend's father's house, and called an attorney, who contacted police.

Read both articles, there are a lot more details.
USAF 1982-2005

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NV: Las Vegas gun owner recalls deadly shootout: 'I got all of my hits'

Post by Grayling813 »

ELB wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:22 am https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-gu ... of-my-hits

DA: Fatal shooting in parking lot was ‘clear case of self-defense’

Man, walking with his brother, thwarted earlier in day while attempting to purchase a gun at a gun store threw rocks at the gun store windows after hours, then encountered a boyfriend and girlfriend in an a fast food parking lot. The man drew a handgun and walked towards the couple with gun pointed at girlfriend, "smiling." Boyfriend, with license to carry, drew his handgun and fired 10 (per first article) or 11 (per second article) shots, says he put 9 in torso and one in "central nervous system"). Man also fired several rounds and according to the surviving brother, fired first.

Brother was unharmed, took off, later captured charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Brother told police "the white male [boyfriend] shot in self-defense and should not be charged,” which is an interesting twist.

Boyfriend and girlfriend left scene, driving to boyfriend's father's house, and called an attorney, who contacted police.

Read both articles, there are a lot more details.
Interesting that good guy's girlfriend started calling 911 and then disconnected. Good guy made her cut call off knowing the best course of action is getting attorney involved?

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

AndyC wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:31 am Interesting - Tori Nonaka (competitive shooter, etc) is his girlfriend?
I had to look that up. I dunno if same gal tho.
https://www.torinonaka.com/about
USAF 1982-2005

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PUCKER »

ELB wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm
AndyC wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:31 am Interesting - Tori Nonaka (competitive shooter, etc) is his girlfriend?
I had to look that up. I dunno if same gal tho.
https://www.torinonaka.com/about
Per my sources, same gal (per racing friends, small circle, only so many of us :tiphat: ).

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

PUCKER wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:34 pm ...

Per my sources, same gal (per racing friends, small circle, only so many of us :tiphat: ).
I get the impression she was unarmed when this happened. Whassup with that? Pure gamer I guess.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”