TX: Homeowner shoots intoxicated man who walked in and made threats

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

TX: Homeowner shoots intoxicated man who walked in and made threats

Post by ELB »

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... 295103.php

According to homeowner (that is, according to what the reporter, who reported according to the police, who said according to the homeowner) an intoxicated man walked into the home at about 0530, made threats and "furtive" movements, so the homeowner shot him. The furtively intoxicated man was taken to hospital with life-threatening injury (or injuries). No arrests, and police are investigating.
USAF 1982-2005

johncanfield
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Homeowner shoots intoxicated man who walked in and made threats

Post by johncanfield »

We get San Antonio local TV stations, saw that news story this morning but no details. Practically every morning shootings are reported, drugs and gang bangers mostly.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

philip964

Post by philip964 »

They don’t keep their doors locked?

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

ELB wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:05 pm https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... 295103.php

According to homeowner (that is, according to what the reporter, who reported according to the police, who said according to the homeowner) an intoxicated man walked into the home at about 0530, made threats and "furtive" movements, so the homeowner shot him. The furtively intoxicated man was taken to hospital with life-threatening injury (or injuries). No arrests, and police are investigating.
Always let the reporters cite whatever your attorney says after you are involved in a shooting.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

philip964 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:36 pm They don’t keep their doors locked?
One of the most interesting facts I learned in studying burglary is that most people feel secure in their home and don't lock doors or set alarms when they go to bed. I don't have an alarm because I live in an apartment, but I am bad about locking doors while home. I figure that since I live in an apartment, in a very small rural town where half the town calls me Sarge because I was the patrol sergeant on the pd here 15 years ago, and I still keep loaded guns in my possession when I am hoe, I feel pretty safe. I don't know if I would do that anywhere in a decent sized city.
Steve Rothstein

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

He probably would have been looking down the barrel of my gun, but my dogs would have been asking him to leave in a very unpolite manor!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

The posted stories now say "walked to the residence" rather than "walked into the residence." It's possible I misread it the first time, but I don't think so, I think it's been updated.

In any case I cannot find any follow-up on this.

This article https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/ ... south-side
says there was a witness, the homeowner knew the guy he shot, and that guy may have been dating a relative.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”