Statesman or something else?

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Statesman or something else?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Early filing for the 2017 Texas Legislative Session begins in eleven days and the session begins in must over two months. If you want to help pass pro-gun bills and defeat anti-gun bills, please evaluate everything you say and do that is gun-related with this measuring stick: "If what I am about to do is shown on the nightly news, will it help or hurt our cause? I wish people would take this approach all the time, but it is even more important immediately prior and during legislative sessions.

Chas.

Jusme

Re: Statesman or something else?

Post by Jusme »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Early filing for the 2017 Texas Legislative Session begins in eleven days and the session begins in must over two months. If you want to help pass pro-gun bills and defeat anti-gun bills, please evaluate everything you say and do that is gun-related with this measuring stick: "If what I am about to do is shown on the nightly news, will it help or hurt our cause? I wish people would take this approach all the time, but it is even more important immediately prior and during legislative sessions.

Chas.

:iagree:

Good advice Charles. I try to take that same approach to what I post, on this forum. I know that there are organizations who want to twist everything pro 2A folks say, to make us look like redneck lunatics, using guns as teething rings for our children, and media outlets who don't see level headed, thoughtful, gun owners as newsworthy.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

I have actually finally learned to curb some of my more radical impulses when it comes to posting on boards like this and on social media.

It is still there, I just don't advertise it .
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”