HB1911 Com Substitute

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 25

Re: HB1911 Com Substitute

Post by ScottDLS »

I found another gem in the current language of HB 1911. It now appears to apply 46.035 to everyone except peace officers, so it would make displaying a handgun at the range (i.e. in public) illegal, and carrying intoxicated in your house illegal (maybe they intended this, I told you it was coming).
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

ScottDLS wrote:I found another gem in the current language of HB 1911. It now appears to apply 46.035 to everyone except peace officers, so it would make displaying a handgun at the range (i.e. in public) illegal, and carrying intoxicated in your house illegal (maybe they intended this, I told you it was coming).
Well, you really shouldn't, but I don't need the government telling me so.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:I found another gem in the current language of HB 1911. It now appears to apply 46.035 to everyone except peace officers, so it would make displaying a handgun at the range (i.e. in public) illegal, and carrying intoxicated in your house illegal (maybe they intended this, I told you it was coming).
Well, you really shouldn't, but I don't need the government telling me so.
My sentiments exactly... :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bigtek »

Just because a woman is drunk shouldn't mean she loses the right to defend herself from a rapist, especially in her own home.

Between this and the death of HB560, it's crystal clear where the House Republicans stand on guns, self defense, and rape.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

:iagree:

I will say I don't think this was intentional, as I don't think the loophole for passing a 30.06/7 sign was either, but that's what the law says. Note with respect to all of 46.035 they specifically exempted cops and other special classes (judges, ADA's, etc.). What's good for me is not good for thee.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 13

Post by parabelum »

I think it is intentional indeed, otherwise special class exemptions wouldn't be so prolific.

Either way, I have no representation.

If you are a degenerate leftist, drug addicted self abusing idiot, "lgbtq" (did I leave anybody out? I don't care.), lobbyist etc. , you're covered. Law abiding citizens seeking their Constitutional Rights need not apply.

Maggots!

I'm really ticked off, been trying to shrug it off but it is getting harder with each blow we get, especially from our distinguished so called Republicans.

TXlaw1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXlaw1 »

Is it possible that the Democrat White from Travis County introduced this bill with all these apparent conflicts and problems with interpretation just to screw up the thinking of all 2nd Amendment advocates and, in the process, seriously restrict our existing rights under the guise of extending our rights to carry without a license? Something smells really fishy to me as I read the substitute HB1911 and all the comments on various posts on Texas CHL Forum. Will this ever get sorted out in such a way that the ALL rights we currently have under LTC will be preserved and possibly expanded and not the other way around?
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

tx85
Posts in topic: 14

Post by tx85 »

TXlaw1 wrote:Is it possible that the Democrat White from Travis County introduced this bill
HB1911 has five authors. The only Rep. White among them is Republican Rep. White from Tyler County.

tx85

Post by tx85 »

HB1911 opponents are currently hosting a press conference at the Capitol.

Here's a tweet thread from a journalist who's present.

It sounds like they expect the bill to pass the House:
Hinojosa: "With a month left in session, there is ample time for this bill to become law."
Hinojosa says "the House is not our salvation," referencing last week's sanctuary cities convo and passage of harsher bill.
Hinojosa tells activists here today: "It's always important to weigh in come election time as well."
LTC instructor Mr. Camacho (who testified against the bill) made an appearance and contributed this gem:
Camacho says you need a license and ID to vote, "it should be no different to carry a gun."
Uh, there's no license required to vote, genius. Great to hear that Mr. Camacho has come around and now thinks your TX ID should be all the permit you need to carry :smilelol5:

tx85

Post by tx85 »

Looks like police chiefs and/or CLEAT are doing their own press conference on Tuesday to oppose HB1911:

Article: Permitless Carry Bill could soon go to vote in Texas House
Several law enforcement agencies and organizations testified against the bill.

“It will make their jobs harder and more dangerous because they will not be able to tell who should have a gun and who shouldn’t have a gun, they will have no way to know,” explained State Rep. Gina Hinojosa, D-Austin.

Public safety officials are set to meet at the Capitol Tuesday to speak out against the bill.

White said those same police groups made similar arguments against licensed concealed carry and campus carry before those were passed into law.

“And we have not seen those situations played out,” White said, “Time and time and time again the Texas Police Chiefs Association has been wrong and they are wrong about House Bill 1911.”

The bill was passed out of the House Committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety in a 6-2 party line vote.

Now in the hands of the Calendar Committee, awaiting scheduling to go to the House floor for debate and final vote, HB 1911 is the first bill of its kind of advance this far in the legislative process.

tx85

Post by tx85 »

Tweet thread on LEO press conference this morning:

Nevárez kicks off presser: "I question the motives of reps that continually invoke the power of the shield to benefit politically."
Houston PD Chief @ArtAcevedo says HB 1911 (sometimes called "constitutional carry") has "nothing to do w/ Constitution, w/ peoples' rights."
HB 1911 was sent to House Calendars Committee 4/26 -- Kevin L. w/ TMPA calls on committee to not schedule the bill for a vote on House floor
Acevedo: "We're not just talking about HB 1911.. We know how [#txlege] works, and we're talking about any effort to amend any bill..."
"No one is saying you shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun," says Ray H. w/ Houston Police Officers Union. "All you should have is a license"
Acevedo says Schaefer amendment needs "peeled off" #SB4, the "sanctuary" bill: "We have to have the trust of immigrant community."
Acevedo focused last 1/2 of presser on #SB4: Current version = danger to Texans, he said, adding he's confident cmte will change the bill.

allisji
Posts in topic: 7

Post by allisji »

tx85 wrote:Tweet thread on LEO press conference this morning:

"No one is saying you shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun," says Ray H. w/ Houston Police Officers Union. "All you should have is a license"
So I'm assume that they would have been in favor of HB560??? yeah right. :grumble
Houston PD Chief @ArtAcevedo says HB 1911 (sometimes called "constitutional carry") has "nothing to do w/ Constitution, w/ peoples' rights."
Acevedo: "We're not just talking about HB 1911.. We know how [#txlege] works, and we're talking about any effort to amend any bill..."
there are no words for this. :banghead:
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

tx85

Post by tx85 »

Another quote from a different journalist:
ArtAcevedo on unlicensed carry legislation: "It's not about constitutional carry...it's about being an irresponsible gun owner."
Will Mr. Acevedo ever realize he's not in California anymore? He may have been confused while living in Austin, but you'd think after his recent move to Houston it would have dawned on him that he's in Texas :smilelol5:

TresHuevos
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TresHuevos »

There's a lot of stars up there in that picture. Can't help but think that the communities that these men swore an oath to serve would be better served if they were actually present for duty in their respective municipalities.
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

Jusme
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Jusme »

This is the same crowd, who claimed, that OC would cause them to have to add extra 9-1-1 operators to handle the "flood" of MWAG calls. And that the police would not be able to tell the good guys from the bad guys. If they would ever take the time to ask the officers on the street, how they feel about law abiding citizens carrying guns, they may get a different response. But then, they are all administrators who know more about the streets than the average LEO.

:banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”