HB 560 - Holy Grail?

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

terrymixon
Posts in topic: 3

Re: HB 560 - Holy Grail?

Post by terrymixon »

tomtexan wrote:
terrymixon wrote:
Our lawmakers better start delivering or we'll start getting more democrats elected because we're tired of being denied.
Wait. What?

You think for one minute that Democrats aren't going to deny what we want?

Maybe I am misunderstanding something. :headscratch
Of course not. I just expect our side to do more than blow hot air.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 5

Post by twomillenium »

tomtexan wrote:
terrymixon wrote:
Our lawmakers better start delivering or we'll start getting more democrats elected because we're tired of being denied.
Wait. What?

We need to challenge and replace the RHINOS with support of new blood at the primary level, even if they are not in your district!
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

terrymixon

Post by terrymixon »

twomillenium wrote:
tomtexan wrote:
terrymixon wrote:
Wait. What?

We need to challenge and replace the RHINOS with support of new blood at the primary level, even if they are not in your district!
Hard to do when they avoid taking a vote and then tell us they fought hard for it. We have no way to know any different.

I'm sure some of them did fight for it. Others will keep quiet while they kill it and whisper sweet nothings in our ears.

We need to start holding their feet to the fire. If they aren't fighting loudly for what we want, then we have to assume they had different ideas.

I know I'm just bitter, but I'm tired of being lied to by legislators that think I'm a sheep and will vote for them no matter how long they drag their feet.

Elections matter. Sooner or later, we'll lose seats in the senate and then we won't get squat passed. How long do we have to tolerate being led around by these people?

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Beiruty »

I did not want to comment again, but in next elections, each nominee would be asked would you co-author and sponsor HB 560?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

terrymixon wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
tomtexan wrote:
terrymixon wrote:
Wait. What?

Hard to do when they avoid taking a vote and then tell us they fought hard for it. We have no way to know any different.

I'm sure some of them did fight for it. Others will keep quiet while they kill it and whisper sweet nothings in our ears.

We need to start holding their feet to the fire. If they aren't fighting loudly for what we want, then we have to assume they had different ideas.

I know I'm just bitter, but I'm tired of being lied to by legislators that think I'm a sheep and will vote for them no matter how long they drag their feet.

Elections matter. Sooner or later, we'll lose seats in the senate and then we won't get squat passed. How long do we have to tolerate being led around by these people?
We also have to keep a couple of things in mind:

1. They have a lot of stuff to do, other than just pass or kill gun bills (I know there is a very short list of things that the constitution requires them to address).
2. As gun owners, we are a very small percentage of the population.
3. As activist gun owners, we are a very small percentage of a very small percentage of the population.

It's all fine and good to be upset (even angry), but don't lose sight of the fact that we have to work within the system that exists.
NRA lifetime member

Ruark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Ruark »

They have a lot of stuff to do, other than just pass or kill gun bills
Yeah, this is something a lot of people lose sight of. Skim through this list of filed House bills. Note the topics.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Reports/Re ... housefiled

We're just a drop in the bucket. And almost EVERY ONE of the bills in that list has supporters who think it's the most important piece of legislation, and they're calling and writing and petitioning to get it passed, just like we are with 560, 375, etc. Things like commercial oyster boat management, powdered alcohol, sales tax exemption for adult diapers, raw milk regulation, AIDS education........

Keep that in mind; it sort of puts things in perspective.
-Ruark

warpdrive
Posts in topic: 1

Post by warpdrive »

They look like they have plenty of time. http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=88284
186,000 miles per second
It's not just a good idea, it's the law.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 5

Post by twomillenium »

Would not the fact that they have a lot to do, justify getting right to work instead of wasting the first quarter of the session with parties and declarations and sing Happy Birthday to someone's kid?
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

They'll get to what the leadership wants, nothing more, nothing less.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

seph
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seph »

But they put the leadership in place.

Where I currently live, I do not have a choice in my vote as I am trying to get democrats out of office. But we all need to review our reps voting record and bill support when primaries come around again.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

They'll get to what the leadership wants, nothing more, nothing less.
Exactly right.
But they put the leadership in place.

Where I currently live, I do not have a choice in my vote as I am trying to get democrats out of office. But we all need to review our reps voting record and bill support when primaries come around again.
Unfortunately, that is work that has to be done between sessions. During the session (and before), we have to be about the business of letting our reps know what is important to us, even if it isn't important to them. Additionally, we need to get those around us to do the same.
  • Contact your local gun store if they have a social media presence. Get them to help spread the word about pending legislation.
  • Get your own social media presence.
  • Talk to gun owners around you. As I said in a previous post, we (activist gun owners) are a small percentage of a small percentage of the population.
  • If you know people who are on the fence about gun ownership/rights, invite them to the range.
NRA lifetime member

Lambda Force
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Lambda Force »

Politicians who don't vote for HB 560 this year make it very difficult to vote for them next year.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Tuesday, April 11, They have time to hear Bad Bills in Committee
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Tues ... tBksCcPQp8

tbrown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tbrown »

NotRPB wrote:Tuesday, April 11, They have time to hear Bad Bills in Committee
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Tues ... tBksCcPQp8
Now that I have free time during the week, I think I'll drop by in person.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bigtek »

TexasCajun wrote:The whole argument for 560 is that licensed carriers have earned the reduction of off limits places.
LTC are more law abiding than LEO for 20+ years. I wonder the real reason 560 was killed.

:waiting:
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”