Denton Record Chronicle Supports HB 1911

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Srnewby
Posts in topic: 1

Denton Record Chronicle Supports HB 1911

Post by Srnewby »

Saw an editorial in the Denton Record Chronicle edition today supporting constitutional carry. This is the same newspaper that had multiple editorials against open carry and campus carry during the 2015 legislative session. Not sure what happened to the editorial board that changed their general feeling on gun issues, but I am just glad to see the change.

ELB

Re: Denton Record Chronicle Supports HB 1911

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Please forgive the sight of egg sandwich in my mouth.
My jaw suddenly and uncontrollably fell open.
"We find it hard to defend state licensing regulations that only law-abiding citizens follow. We recognize that criminals and the mentally ill carry firearms wherever and whenever they want without regard for any law or regulation. So, it makes sense that the time has come to extend that same privilege to those who respect the rule of law.

State Rep. James White, a Republican from southeast Texas, appears to be taking the lead on constitutional carry legislation with the backing of House Speaker Joe Straus and his bipartisan team of Republicans and Democrats."

:shock:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I read this thread yesterday but did not click the link. Today I got an email from this newspaper that my credit card subscription was refused. Since I never initiated such a request, I'm wondering how they got my email? Or is this just a really weird coincidence?

Added @ 1130 - Mystery solved! just got this in the mail from the Dallas Morning News, of which I am a subscriber:

"We had some technical issues and you may have received an email in error from the Denton Record-Chronicle. No action is required on your part.

Don't worry, your information hasn't been compromised. The Denton Record-Chronicle is part of The Dallas Morning News family. "
Last edited by oohrah on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

I am surprised to hear that Strauss and a coalition of both parties are in favor of Constitutional Carry. But I would love to find out that it is true.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”