HB1911 Com Substitute

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 8

Re: HB1911 Com Substitute

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote:This is the same crowd, who claimed, that OC would cause them to have to add extra 9-1-1 operators to handle the "flood" of MWAG calls. And that the police would not be able to tell the good guys from the bad guys. If they would ever take the time to ask the officers on the street, how they feel about law abiding citizens carrying guns, they may get a different response. But then, they are all administrators who know more about the streets than the average LEO.

:banghead:
Statists all..interested only in maintaining power over the peons who pay their salaries, recognizing that power is threatened by an armed citizenry.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

parabelum
Posts in topic: 13

Post by parabelum »

bblhd672 wrote:
Jusme wrote:This is the same crowd, who claimed, that OC would cause them to have to add extra 9-1-1 operators to handle the "flood" of MWAG calls. And that the police would not be able to tell the good guys from the bad guys. If they would ever take the time to ask the officers on the street, how they feel about law abiding citizens carrying guns, they may get a different response. But then, they are all administrators who know more about the streets than the average LEO.

:banghead:
Statists all..interested only in maintaining power over the peons who pay their salaries, recognizing that power is threatened by an armed citizenry.
:iagree:

I repeat, maggots.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Jusme »

I guess, what amazes me so much, is that these police officials, should know, more than anyone, that criminals don't care whether or not it is legal for them to carry a gun. They will, and have been, carrying gun illegally anyway. I'll bet that there are very few arrests made, for those carrying guns illegally, where they were not prohibited from possessing one in the first place. So far, the police have had no problem determining, who is "allowed" to carry, and those who aren't. How will that change, if law abiding citizens, began to carry? They can already carry in their vehicles, in their businesses, and anywhere on their own property. The same laws of deadly force, carrying as to frighten or intimidate, carrying in prohibited places, etc. will still apply. They will just be better able to defend themselves, if they are attacked, away from the places already permitted.

These administrators have been wrong, at every turn regarding carrying guns, there have been no shootouts at high noon, no flood of MWAG calls, no attempted rape victims shooting at their attackers, and killing innocent people, no professors at colleges being gunned down, over grades etc. Hopefully, the Legislators will take a look at all of the doom and gloom predictions, made by these, so called "public servants" and ignore them.JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bblhd672 »

Good article at Breitbart Texas about HB1911.

Texas Police Chiefs Use ‘Racial Coding’ to Oppose Gun Bill, Says Black State Rep.
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/05/ ... state-rep/
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

parabelum
Posts in topic: 13

Post by parabelum »

bblhd672 wrote:Good article at Breitbart Texas about HB1911.

Texas Police Chiefs Use ‘Racial Coding’ to Oppose Gun Bill, Says Black State Rep.
Thanks for sharing!

"They are calling my bill ‘dangerous’ in their ads because I am African-American,” State Representative James White (R-Hillister) told Breitbart Texas in a phone interview on Tuesday. “They didn’t use that language when they opposed Jerry Patterson’s concealed carry bill in 1995. They didn’t use that kind of language when Larry Phillips proposed open carry for concealed license holders in 2015, and they haven’t used it when other white legislators proposed ‘constitutional carry’ bills in previous sessions.”

allisji
Posts in topic: 7

Post by allisji »

He makes some good points about the police chiefs opposition gun legislation. But I don't understand why inject racism allegations into it. I don't know Rep. White. Just found out that he's black. But I am assuming that the writer probably asked some leading questions about whether or not him being Black may have some kind of impact. And when the writer heard something that he could use to attempt to link it to racism then he ran with it. So the writer implies that the rep was subtly accusing the Police Chiefs of being racist, when really it was the writer's goal all along to link the subject to racism. Why not just stick to the facts about gun control and crime, etc. which can actually help to bolster the argument instead of making some obscure accusations of racism....
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jason812 »

allisji wrote:

He makes some good points about the police chiefs opposition gun legislation. But I don't understand why inject racism allegations into it. I don't know Rep. White. Just found out that he's black. But I am assuming that the writer probably asked some leading questions about whether or not him being Black may have some kind of impact. And when the writer heard something that he could use to attempt to link it to racism then he ran with it. So the writer implies that the rep was subtly accusing the Police Chiefs of being racist, when really it was the writer's goal all along to link the subject to racism. Why not just stick to the facts about gun control and crime, etc. which can actually help to bolster the argument instead of making some obscure accusations of racism....
I actually think its kind of funny playing the race card back against the left who try to use it for everything.

He did make a good argument about the cheifs and their opposition.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

not trying to obtuse, but reading this bill again, along with referenced statutes
where is the definition of tire deflation device?
its listed as an illegal item.
imo valve stem remover could be interpreted as a tire deflation device. i have a Palmer safe stem remover in my truck. is it illegal?
thanks
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

loktite

Post by loktite »

powerboatr wrote:not trying to obtuse, but reading this bill again, along with referenced statutes
where is the definition of tire deflation device?
its listed as an illegal item.
imo valve stem remover could be interpreted as a tire deflation device. i have a Palmer safe stem remover in my truck. is it illegal?
thanks
46.01 (Weapons definitions)

(17) “Tire deflation device” means a device, including a caltrop or spike strip, that, when driven over, impedes or stops the movement of a wheeled vehicle by puncturing one or more of the vehicle's tires.  The term does not include a traffic control device that:
  • (A) is designed to puncture one or more of a vehicle's tires when driven over in a specific direction;  and
    (B) has a clearly visible sign posted in close proximity to the traffic control device that prohibits entry or warns motor vehicle operators of the traffic control device.
NRA Endowment Member

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

thanks, i never found that definition set on texas site. but search revealed tons of the above and valve tools.
much thanks
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

jason812 wrote:
allisji wrote:

I actually think its kind of funny playing the race card back against the left who try to use it for everything.

He did make a good argument about the cheifs and their opposition.
Nearly every gun control law in the US has historical roots in preventing black people from having guns. Some were explicitly written that way. After the Civil War, the laws were tidied up a bit to appear racially neutral, but not enforced that way until very recently...if then.
USAF 1982-2005

tx85
Posts in topic: 14

Post by tx85 »

SB4 (ban on sanctuary cities) just passed the final vote and is on its way to the Governor's desk.

Considering that SB4 was/is an order of magnitude more controversial than permitless carry and was opposed by the same groups (Democrats, big city police chiefs, LEO unions), I'm going to be very disappointed if by the end of this session HB1911 has not been sent to the Governor's desk.

tx85
Posts in topic: 14

Post by tx85 »

In their newsletter today, Austin FFL Central Texas Gun Works writes:
HB375 and HB1911 are stalled in various committees. Neither bill is likely to advance to House or Senate floor votes before session ends
The owner is active in testifying/lobbying for gun bills, but I don't know if the above is just speculation or based on insider info.

Charles told us pretty quickly when HB560 died, so presumably we would similarly be told if HB1911 has died.

Should we be calling the Calendars Committee and urging them to schedule HB1911 for a floor vote?

If House leadership has decided to block HB1911, won't that just result in Stickland and other Republicans trying to amend other gun bills on the floor to include permitless carry?

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 4

Post by canvasbck »

tx85 wrote:In their newsletter today, Austin FFL Central Texas Gun Works writes:
HB375 and HB1911 are stalled in various committees. Neither bill is likely to advance to House or Senate floor votes before session ends
The owner is active in testifying/lobbying for gun bills, but I don't know if the above is just speculation or based on insider info.

Charles told us pretty quickly when HB560 died, so presumably we would similarly be told if HB1911 has died.

Should we be calling the Calendars Committee and urging them to schedule HB1911 for a floor vote?

If House leadership has decided to block HB1911, won't that just result in Stickland and other Republicans trying to amend other gun bills on the floor to include permitless carry?
I would be (pleasantly) surprised if HB1911 gets a floor vote.

Even if 1911 passes, it will not overcome my disgust over how HB560 was (not) received.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

doncb

Post by doncb »

They are too busy getting their pictures taken with Tony Romo to do anything that really matters. Oh, well. We only have to wait another 2 years, or 4 or 6.... I wonder where organizations like MDA are having their celebration parties?

I've said it before, politicians are only interested in themselves and don't give a you know what about the people they represent. Lot of good it does to have a majority.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”