Any updates?

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

extremist
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Any updates?

Post by extremist »

And here are the instructors that do not support Constitutional Carry (And by definition, don't support the 2nd Amendment or the Texas Constitution):

https://crumpy.com/letter-from-ltc-inst ... e-members/
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 8

Post by RoyGBiv »

extremist wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:12 pm And here are the instructors that do not support Constitutional Carry (And by definition, don't support the 2nd Amendment or the Texas Constitution):

Boooooooooo! Hiiisssssssssss!

:banghead:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

extremist wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:12 pm And here are the instructors that do not support Constitutional Carry (And by definition, don't support the 2nd Amendment or the Texas Constitution):

If this passes the senate and becomes law, I will absolutely still strongly recommend people get their LTC. But I know who NOT to recommend to people go to for their LTC.
Ron
NRA Member

Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rex B »

Last night on the News (CBS11 in Dallas) the reporter repeatedly said the bill would allow "open carry", no mention of concealed.
Is he just an idiot or a scaremonger? As I understand it, the bill allows CC as well as OC.
Last edited by Rex B on Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Rex B wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:39 pm Last night on the News (CBS11 in Dallas) the reporter repeatedly said the bill would allow "open carry", no mention of concealed.
Is he just an idiot or a scaremonger. As I understand it, the bill allows CC as well as OC.
And my question is WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? They still have a gun on!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:48 pm
Rex B wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:39 pm Last night on the News (CBS11 in Dallas) the reporter repeatedly said the bill would allow "open carry", no mention of concealed.
Is he just an idiot or a scaremonger. As I understand it, the bill allows CC as well as OC.
Big difference, if it allowed only open carry to non LTCs.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Flightmare »

Is he just an idiot or a scaremonger? As I understand it, the bill allows CC as well as OC.
The legislation pertains to carrying of a handgun. It does not restrict unlicensed individuals to open carry. This is an example of an either uninformed/misinformed reporter, or an intentionally misleading reporter.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Rex B wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:49 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:48 pm
Big difference, if it allowed only open carry to non LTCs.
Making mountains out of mole hills
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AndyC1911 »

Flightmare wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:39 am I find it amusing that Rep Huberty mentioned that folks who had been calling his office to please stop....apparently the message has been heard. This is how things SHOULD work. Politely and firmly let your opinion be known.
:lol:

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 pm
Papa_Tiger wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:00 pm If you did not hear it, I HIGHLY recommend listening to or reading Representative Canales' closing remarks once the journal/recording are available online. He is normally a staunchly anti-gun Democrat. I found his closing comments to be well articulated and frankly a bit surprising (spoiler alert, he voted FOR passage of HB 1927).
I agree 100% with this. It was a nice breath of fresh air to hear him speak like that.
For those interested, you can listen to Rep. Canales at the 7:54:38 timestamp in the video linked below:
https://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlay ... p_id=20339

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I saw a post that you can bring your handgun into a your hotel room passed the State House.

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

Papa_Tiger wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:53 pm
Flightmare wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 pm
Papa_Tiger wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:00 pm If you did not hear it, I HIGHLY recommend listening to or reading Representative Canales' closing remarks once the journal/recording are available online. He is normally a staunchly anti-gun Democrat. I found his closing comments to be well articulated and frankly a bit surprising (spoiler alert, he voted FOR passage of HB 1927).
I agree 100% with this. It was a nice breath of fresh air to hear him speak like that.
For those interested, you can listen to Rep. Canales at the 7:54:38 timestamp in the video linked below:
https://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlay ... p_id=20339
Very good - I sent him a thank you via FB.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Flightmare »

philip964 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:04 pm I saw a post that you can bring your handgun into a your hotel room passed the State House.
https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/H ... ill=HB1856
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Flightmare wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:50 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:04 pm I saw a post that you can bring your handgun into a your hotel room passed the State House.
https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/H ... ill=HB1856
That doesn't affect me. Anytime I've stayed in a hotel, I took my handgun to the room. Seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

If you look at the comments below that letter, at least one of those instructors whose name is on that letter said they (looking at the names on the letter, I'd say he and his wife) did NOT sign that letter. So, either he's prevaricating, or the people who put that letter together put names on there without permission. Either way, that might equal a lawsuit.

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”