TX: Lt Gov Patrick says not enough Senate votes to pass Con Carry

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Lt Gov Patrick says not enough Senate votes to pass Con Carry

Post by Beiruty »

As a matter of principle, those who are GOP and vote against the Pro 2ndA, NRA-supported bill should be booted out, ASAP
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

This seems to happen every session.

2021 is the year that the Texas Senate's turn to block 2nd Amendment legislation

2019 was the year the Texas House blocked it
In 2023 it will be the Texas House's turn to block.

Why yes, I am a little cynical.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:15 pm For those that say they are ready to leave Texas, I say, what's stopping you? GET ALREADY! We don't need weak people here for the struggle. We need fighters.
Exactly
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Syntyr »

TheSoundGrip wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:39 pm Getting closer and closer every day to leaving Texas. :banghead: Hate to say it, but this really is the next California. It's now deeper than just Austin becoming California.

Florida, here I come!
Best of luck to you!

I was born in Texas and I will die in Texas!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Does anyone know if the CoP from Ft. Worth was there? Or Amarillo? Lubbock? El Paso? Or just those who were specifically called out?

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

Well, it’s April 20. There is still over a month left in the session. I’d recommend that everyone here reach out to the Lt. Gov and Rep. Seliger asking that they support the bill and bring it to the floor for a vote. If it fails, it fails.

Remind Lt. Gov. Patrick that he listed a few priority items going into this session, and kindly ask him to put some of his political pressure on the members of his own party to vote in favor of this bill.

Senate Bill 18 – Protect Second Amendment Businesses

Senate Bill 19 – Stop Corporate Gun Boycotts

Senate Bill 20 – Second Amendment Protections for Travelers
NRA lifetime member

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:15 pm For those that say they are ready to leave Texas, I say, what's stopping you? GET ALREADY! We don't need weak people here for the struggle. We need fighters.
So....it is my opinion that a couple of thousand people could break the switchboard at the Capitol, talking to or leaving messages for the Senators to "convince" them to pass Constitutional Carry. I remember a few years back when Charles had us call the officials in New Mexico who were threatening to withdraw reciprocity for then CHL. He said that he wanted them to hear ringing phones in their sleep. We did and the NM leadership capitulated. But it seems hard to get a few hundred calls made in support of the Texas bills that we all want. Perhaps we do need fighters but they seem in short supply.

Full disclosure. I belong to a group that has been sending out emails with the bill numbers and representatives' phone numbers. I've been making those calls. I'm not sure it isn't like dipping the Pacific Ocean with a teaspoon but I'm not giving up.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Syntyr »

chasfm11 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:21 pm
So....it is my opinion that a couple of thousand people could break the switchboard at the Capitol, talking to or leaving messages for the Senators to "convince" them to pass Constitutional Carry. I remember a few years back when Charles had us call the officials in New Mexico who were threatening to withdraw reciprocity for then CHL. He said that he wanted them to hear ringing phones in their sleep. We did and the NM leadership capitulated. But it seems hard to get a few hundred calls made in support of the Texas bills that we all want. Perhaps we do need fighters but they seem in short supply.

Full disclosure. I belong to a group that has been sending out emails with the bill numbers and representatives' phone numbers. I've been making those calls. I'm not sure it isn't like dipping the Pacific Ocean with a teaspoon but I'm not giving up.
Same here. I have made 4 phone calls.

What’s so wrong if you don’t have enough support to pass it? Bring it up for a vote! Make people take a yes or no stand. Quit trying to avoid making a decision. Yea or Nay!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Just emailed Senator Seliger.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Syntyr wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:32 pm
chasfm11 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:21 pm

Same here. I have made 4 phone calls.

What’s so wrong if you don’t have enough support to pass it? Bring it up for a vote! Make people take a yes or no stand. Quit trying to avoid making a decision. Yea or Nay!
That is one heck of a good idea. Is there a list of phone numbers we could post on this thread so it makes it easy for folks reading this thread to make those calls?

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:56 pm
That is one heck of a good idea. Is there a list of phone numbers we could post on this thread so it makes it easy for folks reading this thread to make those calls?
The most effective thing is for us all to contact our own Senators now and LG Patrick's office. If you are not sure, there is a link
https://wrm.capitol.texas.gov/home

When the individual committees are meeting on a bill, it is good to call all the members of that committee. You can go here for those
https://capitol.texas.gov/MnuCommittees.aspx

I'm following a number of issues from the gender change bills to transportation to pro-life. We are doing better getting a lot of them out of committee. I've always believed that members of both the Texas House and Texas Senate cannot afford "No" recorded votes for critical pieces so getting them on to the floors of both chambers helps a lot.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Fox 4 directly asked Gov. Abbott about the bill and he just ignored the question and went right around it. So will he even sign it if it does pass?

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Isn’t it peculiar that when the leftist buzzards are in power they manage to screw up the whole Country in the matter of just few months, turning the entire system just about upside down and making headways with their Marxist crap full steam ahead. And yet even in this great State of Texas, where “we” are in “control” we are just like snails. We make one step forward and then we’re two steps back, eventually we gain one step lost back which we celebrate, but in reality we made no movement, and then we’re back to playing defense again. Occasionally, every few years there is a victory. Very very frustrating. Especially considering that in the next 5-10 years, sorry to say this but indicators are pretty solid that Texas will be purple if not blue. That’s the reality in my opinion right now. Hope it changes but I remain sceptic.
Texas was a poster of grittiness and individualism, but today it’s about 19-20 States behind. Frustrating.
We are likely headed for TN in the next couple of years.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

I received a response from my State Senator.
EzhWXMvVEAAeQrU.jpg
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RHenriksen »

I called Patrick's office, and emailed my senator.

OTOH, my senator is Whitmire, so a snowball's chance in Hell of moving him off of his anti-gun stance.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”