Whitmire asks AG: licensed carry illegal on ALL school grounds?

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

mr1337
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Whitmire asks AG: licensed carry illegal on ALL school grounds?

Post by mr1337 »

Mike S wrote:There was a CHL carrier a couple years back that shot a man who was attacking a woman (I believe) in front of a San Antonio school. If I recall correctly, the school principal wanted the shooter arrested however the responding officers refused since he was legally carrying on the sidewalk in front of the school. May have the facts a bit off, but I do recall the news coverage made it clear that the CHL carrier wasn't in any trouble.
Just reading those sentences make my blood boil.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

Mike S wrote:...

There was a CHL carrier a couple years back that shot a man who was attacking a woman (I believe) in front of a San Antonio school.....
I believe you are referring to an incident in 2012 that happened on the street in front of the Bonham Academy in San Antonio. IIRC neither the man or the woman or the guy with the knife were on school property at all, I think they were on a public sidewalk, not a school controlled sidewalk. Thus the issue we are talking about here would not apply, and the GFSZA didn't either because the good guy had a CHL.
USAF 1982-2005

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

mr1337 wrote:
Mike S wrote:There was a CHL carrier a couple years back that shot a man who was attacking a woman (I believe) in front of a San Antonio school. If I recall correctly, the school principal wanted the shooter arrested however the responding officers refused since he was legally carrying on the sidewalk in front of the school. May have the facts a bit off, but I do recall the news coverage made it clear that the CHL carrier wasn't in any trouble.
Just reading those sentences make my blood boil.
Why would a CHL'r not being arrested make your blood boil? :smilelol5:

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I think it is the idea that the principal would demand the person be arrested.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Every time I read this title I think, Gee, shouldn't the guy who debated and discussed the legislation know what it means?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

baldeagle wrote:Every time I read this title I think, Gee, shouldn't the guy who debated and discussed the legislation know what it means?
He is milking the bull.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”