New California AWB passes into law.

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

jb2012
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New California AWB passes into law.

Post by jb2012 »

Not to derail but to add: looks like they are also trying to completely defund ag education, which in my mind is an extremely important part of society as a whole. I'm convinced there are far more bodies than brains in California.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

jb2012 wrote:Not to derail but to add: looks like they are also trying to completely defund ag education, which in my mind is an extremely important part of society as a whole. I'm convinced there are far more bodies than brains in California.
Even though agriculture comprises a massive percentage of California's economy, the eco-nuts there hate the farmers with a passion, so I'm not surprised by this in the least.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dave2 »

jb2012 wrote:Not to derail but to add: looks like they are also trying to completely defund ag education, which in my mind is an extremely important part of society as a whole. I'm convinced there are far more bodies than brains in California.
They'd probably take that as a compliment.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

K.Mooneyham wrote:
Even though agriculture comprises a massive percentage of California's economy, the eco-nuts there hate the farmers with a passion, so I'm not surprised by this in the least.
Now now, they love the marijuana farmers, just not the others that are Causing global climate change

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I'm just about convinced that if you gathered all the real brains in California, put them in a thimble and shook it, they would rattle around like two BBs in a #2 washtub.

They have a lot of people with book sense, but common sense is in incredibly short supply.

You can make similar observations about every state, but CA seems to be the worst.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

madwildcat

Post by madwildcat »

JP171 wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:
Now now, they love the marijuana farmers, just not the others that are Causing global climate change
But they wouldn't defund ag education then, right? I mean, lets be real, marijuana farmers need education as well :mrgreen:

TreyNTX69

Post by TreyNTX69 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
puma guy wrote:This makes all semi-auto rifles such as the 742 Remington, Model 100 Winchester, Browning BAR illegal as well as many others. I can't imagine this will not be defeated when challenged in courts.
Don't forget it will have to go through the 9th Circus Court who will rule the law is constitutional because, "ice cream has no bones".
And like I pointed out earlier in this thread, SCOTUS declined to take up the Illinois AWB case, even with Scalia still alive and on the bench. What makes you think they would take up this case?
The only hope is that there are enough conservatives to block the bills from leaving committee, or to filibuster or create some kind of delays to prevent the vote, like maybe making sure they don't make it to the calendar or some such. I'm not familiar with the legislative process in California at all, but this is disgusting. Even though I live in TX and not CA, I pray this doesn't pass by some miracle.

As others have stated, if I were in CA, I'd be leaving and considering moving into Nevada and opening up a business to store and service these arms for the Californians who are in danger of losing them (or looking into that possibility... I've no idea if that would provide a legal option for our friends in CA or not).

If this passes... the next dangerous and extremely terrifying possibility would be collection of all the now illegal arms and the newly-created "criminals" this law would instantly create of otherwise and previously law-abiding citizens.

A very unfortunate situation. We all have to remember, this can happen anywhere... we all have to stay vigilant and involved in the legislative process no matter where we are. Thanks for posting this unfortunate news. I'm very sorry (and angry) to see this happen anywhere.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

TreyNTX69 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
puma guy wrote:This makes all semi-auto rifles such as the 742 Remington, Model 100 Winchester, Browning BAR illegal as well as many others. I can't imagine this will not be defeated when challenged in courts.
Don't forget it will have to go through the 9th Circus Court who will rule the law is constitutional because, "ice cream has no bones".
And like I pointed out earlier in this thread, SCOTUS declined to take up the Illinois AWB case, even with Scalia still alive and on the bench. What makes you think they would take up this case?
The only hope is that there are enough conservatives to block the bills from leaving committee, or to filibuster or create some kind of delays to prevent the vote, like maybe making sure they don't make it to the calendar or some such. I'm not familiar with the legislative process in California at all, but this is disgusting. Even though I live in TX and not CA, I pray this doesn't pass by some miracle.

As others have stated, if I were in CA, I'd be leaving and considering moving into Nevada and opening up a business to store and service these arms for the Californians who are in danger of losing them (or looking into that possibility... I've no idea if that would provide a legal option for our friends in CA or not).

If this passes... the next dangerous and extremely terrifying possibility would be collection of all the now illegal arms and the newly-created "criminals" this law would instantly create of otherwise and previously law-abiding citizens.

A very unfortunate situation. We all have to remember, this can happen anywhere... we all have to stay vigilant and involved in the legislative process no matter where we are. Thanks for posting this unfortunate news. I'm very sorry (and angry) to see this happen anywhere.
I'm actually not sure how they would enforce it, other than by denying new purchases. In the end, no California politician is going to take law enforcement's offer to be the first in the SWAT stack outside some gunowner's door. California's leftists are like leftists everywhere - they're all about suppression of liberties, but only if they don't have to get their own hands dirty in the process. And given that, I would think that California cops are going to be a lot like Connecticut cops - COMPLETELY disinterested in getting killed trying to enforce some commie rat's fantasies.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

PSA has twice now sent me an e-mail advertising 30 round AR-15 mags for $6.99, and twice now as soon as I click on it, the mags are completely out of stock. I think things like this are to blame!

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

:roll: Heavy sigh........ Spent a total of almost six tears in Cali in three different military assignments back in the 70s into the very early 80s. Can't believe that this is the same place where I bought a Mini-14 as well as several other evil firearms, got into reloading, shot competitions, and even had a Sacramento Concealed Pistol permit. I though the biggest pain was their 5 day wait back then.

Glad that the AF never sent me back there after 1982. Fond memories of the Old Sacramento Armory and fondelling the M-1As and ARs in the days before I had the money to buy one.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”