Representative Green calls for impeachment

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Representative Green calls for impeachment

Post by treadlightly »

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyob ... sletterad=

I didn't see any articles of impeachment, so they may not have been drafted yet.

I hate to say it, but I doubt Trump will survive politically for a full term, and that will perversely strengthen liberals. Sad.
Rep. Al Green (D-TX) believes that Tuesday’s James Comey memo is the last straw, tweeting that he plans to call for the impeachment of President Trump on the floor of Congress Wednesday morning. In the memo, reported on by The New York Times, the former FBI director claims that Trump asked him to stop investigating former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

Soccerdad1995

Re: Representative Green calls for impeachment

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I must have missed the evidence that President Trump actually committed any crime. Is this mental giant alleging that the President leaked classified info to the Press? Or that he maintained an unsecure e-mail server? Maybe President Trump was the one who forwarded classified e-mails to his spouse's computer? Or is he the one who met with the spouse of a person who was suspected of multiple felonies mere days before a decision was made on prosecution?

There are a number of recent crimes that should all be properly investigated, and tried in a court of law (let's stop randomly deciding that "intent" is needed even if the law says it is not). But the problem, for democrats like this guy, is that our President did not actually commit any of these crimes. They were all committed by Democrats.

Or maybe this is just a racially motivated attack by a member of the party of hate? I couldn't help but notice that the accuser here is black, his target is white, and the accuser is a member of the same party that refuses to publicly denounce hate mongers who have openly called for the murder of the President and his family (Madonna among many others).

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Green is a nutjob. He, Maxine Watters and Sheila Lee are all cut from the same cloth.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

mojo84 wrote:Green is a nutjob. He, Maxine Watters and Sheila Lee are all cut from the same cloth.
I'll refer to Forrest Gump's mother's quote. "Stupid is as stupid does." Apply as you see fit.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

puma guy wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Green is a nutjob. He, Maxine Watters and Sheila Lee are all cut from the same cloth.
I'll refer to Forrest Gump's mother's quote. "Stupid is as stupid does." Apply as you see fit.
:iagree:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Post by parabelum »

Never underestimate the crazy. While we are trying to do things the right way, these diabolical lunatics will stop at nothing to fulfill their twisted agenda. At all cost.

These are not our "friends on the other side of the aisle". These are enemies of the State, traitors. Unfortunately, we have code pink RINO's who will eat this up. They too, in my estimation, are traitors.

No more "deals" or "compromises" with them and their ilk.

I hate to admit, but Trump is in a big pickle. Perhaps by his own doing, but in a pickle nonetheless. I don't see this going well for him and more importantly, our agenda just got siderailed by at least another 12 months. These Commies are very effective.

We better get on the ball quickly, otherwise, kiss it goodbye pretty soon.

I don't have a good feeling about this.
Last edited by parabelum on Wed May 17, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

parabelum wrote:Never underestimate the crazy. While we are trying to do things the right way, these diabolical lunatics will stop at nothing to fulfill their twisted agenda. At all cost.

These are not our "friends on the other side of the aisle". These are enemies of the State, traitors. Unfortunately, we have code pink RINO's who will eat this up. They too, in my estimation, are traitors.

:iagree: Domestic enemies of the Constitution
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

parabelum wrote:Never underestimate the crazy. While we are trying to do things the right way, these diabolical lunatics will stop at nothing to fulfill their twisted agenda. At all cost.

I hate to admit, but Trump is in a big pickle. Perhaps by his own doing, but in a pickle nonetheless. I don't see this going well for him and more importantly, our agenda just got siderailed by at least another 12 months. These Commies are very effective.

We better get on the ball quickly, otherwise, kiss it goodbye pretty soon.

I don't have a good feeling about this.
Why do you think everything is going so terribly wrong? Are you only thinking what people tell you to think? Is the MSM even telling the truth? Do you think there would be a difference if Cruz won? Libs think if Trumpngets impeached Hillary will be president... is the MSM telling them anything different?
How about the polls by the MSM?...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Trey,

It is apparent to me that Trump is playing heavy defense in the time when he ought to be doing precisely the opposite.

So, leftist have put him in a belly up position. Check mark.

While the focus is on this malarkey now, leftist have successfully stalled progress on the border wall initiative, tax cuts, gun rights etc. Kinda hard to fight for your cause when 3/4 of your day is devoted to damage control. Check mark.

Further distractions also plant an ever growing seed of distrust between the President and Republicans in the House and Senate. Divide and conquer game. Check mark.

That dispicable witch and her crimes are now out of sight and out of mind for many voters. If an investigation into her shenanigans would be brought up right now, it would come across as purely personal-retaliatory move. So, we can't get any traction there. Check mark.

Let's talk about Trumps advisors. My opinion is they are moles working against us. How do you like that? His image is tainted in the large part because of these traitors within, who have deliberately and with surgical precision ill advised him. Syrian missles, calling North Korean fatso "smart cookie", sitting down with that Holt creature, Erdogan coming here? The one who wants to flood Jerusalem with Muslims? How about several botched EO'ers, which I agree with, but he was misled on the timing and scope. You get the point. Make Trump look dumb and incompetent. Check mark.

I can go on and on.

Bottom line is that as of right now, "our" side controls every darn thing in DC, and what are they doing? Playing defense, damage control and eating bonbons at night while watching Oprah....

No Trey, I am not watching or being influenced by MSM. I am an observer, looking in from the outside, and I'm watching the commies slowly make incremental advances.

They know that you eat an elephant one bite at a time. We are apparently on our backs as of right now.

I'm saying all this as someone who backed Trump vehemently, and have gotten into some heated arguments here/there and everywhere defending him.

This is not going well.

Do I think it would have been better if Cruz won? As much as it pains me to say it, yes. I think Cruz would have made better decisions thus far. To that extent, I was wrong.

I pray now that I'm wrong again, because I'm not seeing a great outcome here. At best our progress just got derailed by 12 months roughly, maybe even longer.

We will see.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The only difference between a Trump victory vs a Cruz victory over the left is the name of the President. Everything the left is doing isn't because Trump in particular won, it's because the left was defeated.

Yes, Cruz would be making more politically savvy and politically correct decision but the left hasn't accepted the outcome of a Republican winning the Presidency in the 21st century.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

snorri

Post by snorri »

The best defense is a good offense.
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

snorri wrote:The best defense is a good offense.

Bingo.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Parabelum. Everyone I know lost trust in the media during last summer. I don't see the WH making much effort to defend much of anything much less 3/4 or thir time. EOs have been struck down with Obama too, it just seems like Trump is the only one who respects the courts decision. The only REAL issue I see is the republicans (senate and house) are so whipped by the democrats THEY will do anything the DNC wants.

Huh, If I could think of a certain state that applies to as well....

The cogs are still turning- wall, national voter id act, illegals being deported, job growth, economy growing, VA hospital revamp, etc, etc. if the media wants to focus on unproven events that wont come to anything, than so be it. The liberals are the ones who took down HRC and the DNC. The tide of the public has turned. Unfortunately, the Republicans are too blind to see it.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

All of this is just more of a smokescreen to try to divert the uninformed from looking at anything resembling facts. The stated goal of the left since the election is to impeach Trump. The rhetoric started before the innaguration. The left know that they don't have the backing of the informed voting populace, and are only trying to inflame the ignorant. Because there is no legal reason to draft articles of impeachment, don't matter. If they can get enough columns in MSM they think they can sway public opinion. MSM still believe they are relevant, and will put the stupidity in headlines, hoping against hope that there are,still enough people who will read their tripe. It's really sad, and Trump is allowing them all to self destruct. There will always be those who are stuck in the echo chamber, but true Americans, who understand the big picture will simply point and laugh.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

stever1950

Post by stever1950 »

snorri wrote:The best defense is a good offense.
I'll bet there is not one of those libtards with a clean slate. Find and use their dirt against them.
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”