Voting Thread for March 6th

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 6

Voting Thread for March 6th

Post by locke_n_load »

Wanted to start a thread for elections tomorrow - anyone want to go over who they are voting for and why?
I don't vote straight Republican anymore (libertarians can earn my vote) so I thought some discussion might be nice. Especially go against "butter" gun rights candidates.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Voting Thread for March 6th

Post by oljames3 »

locke_n_load wrote:Wanted to start a thread for elections tomorrow - anyone want to go over who they are voting for and why?
I don't vote straight Republican anymore (libertarians can earn my vote) so I thought some discussion might be nice. Especially go against "butter" gun rights candidates.
Just go vote, if you did not do so during early voting.

I feel no more desire to talk in general of how I voted anymore than care to discuss in general why I carry openly. My reasons and decisions are based on my experience and are unlikely to apply to anyone else. Specific questions usually get a polite answer.

I vote to achieve the end I feel is best and I carry openly for the same reason.

As with most things in life, it comes down to which risks we are willing to manage and which benefits matter most to us.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

dino9832

Post by dino9832 »

karl Alexander for 187th District Court Judge
He's a true stand up guy! Very professional and knowledgeable. You could ask him a question on just about anything legal, and he has the answer off the top of his head.

Not to mention, he has no pity on those who abuse women or children. NONE!
Here's a link to a few of the cases he's handled as a prosecutor for BEXAR country.
http://www.karlalexanderforjudge.com/ex ... e-at-work/

He's even been on NBC Dateline.
Not to mention, has no outside interests other than working for BEXAR country. No private practices or other business ventures. The guy truly loves his job. He's been a resident of SA all his life (aside from college.)

A good resource is: https://votesmart.org
I've been picking most based on their NRA standing. So far, my rather incomplete list is just the names as follows:
Cruz
Al poteet
Hurd
Abbot
Dan Patrick

Oh, and be sure to get the actual ballot for your area. Go here to get sample ballot: https://www.bexar.org/2229/Voter-Regist ... ng-Locatio

Topic author
locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

And feel free to discuss the propositions as well.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

apostate

Post by apostate »

HB560 is my litmus test.

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Discussions about politics and especially politicians, even within a family can sometimes get heated and result in hurt feelings and worse...

But like OL said up top, get out and vote. If you don't and one day we get our own Andrew The Pius, you'll regret it for a while. At least until they come for you.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

I am sick of the mailbox being full of campaign stuff everyday. Republicans calling each other liers. All say they are conservative, christian, etc. etc.
All campaign materials go straight into the garbage without being read. That is the way it's been all along. I do my own research on line.
Besides I voted 2 weeks ago
N5PNZ

Topic author
locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Who is bigger on gun rights - crenshaw or wall?
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

locke_n_load wrote:Wanted to start a thread for elections tomorrow - anyone want to go over who they are voting for and why?
I’m not participating in the primaries, so that I can participate in the libertarian party convention. Apparently, I’m a delegate for my district ....mostly because nobody else stepped up, and I was asked if I’d do it. But I’m a n00b at this level of things. Since I wasn’t participating in the primaries, I have not paid much attention to the GOP candidates. (I ignore the DNC candidates, since they all represent an evil ideology.) I no longer live in Capriglione’s district, but if I did, I’d vote for his primary opponent. I really hope he goes down in flames.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

locke_n_load wrote:Who is bigger on gun rights - crenshaw or wall?
I'm voting for Wall because she is holding a Winchester model 94 on one side of her ad and an AR15 on the other side.

Then I'm voting for Sarah because she is pretty and has a pretty best friend named Wendy.

I saved everything I got, the stack is literally 9 inches high.

allisji

Post by allisji »

locke_n_load wrote:Who is bigger on gun rights - crenshaw or wall?
I heard the radio ad of Ted Cruz endorsing Wall, but I do know that Crenshaw is a battle-wounded veteran. Not sure what his stance is on the gun debate, and they were not on my ballot.

I do loathe the attack ads on the radio though. Political ads are fine when they boast about a candidate's record and positions, but not when they attack the opponent. I'm tired of hearing how George P. Bush is a true conservative and how Jerry Patterson is a Trump-hating open borders liberal or how George P. Bush is an Trump-hating corrupt establishment failure and how Jerry Patterson is a true conservative who supports the Make America Great Again agenda.

I voted two weeks ago.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Ok how did everyone feel about Dan Patrick and his support of gun bills last session? Or milder?
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

locke_n_load wrote:Ok how did everyone feel about Dan Patrick and his support of gun bills last session? Or milder?
I think Patrick could have done better, but with Straus in control of the House, I don't know that that would have changed anything. With Straus gone and if the House elects a truly conservative Speaker then I see a move forward if Patrick were re-elected, besides his opponent Scott Milder is a whole lot more left leaning, not quite a RINO, but close.
Just my opinion and it only counts for one vote.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Jerry Patterson because we've had more than enough Bushes in any office and Jerry is a good guy.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

locke_n_load wrote:Ok how did everyone feel about Dan Patrick and his support of gun bills last session?
His what?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”