Still won't vote for Trump?

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

jadoti
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Still won't vote for Trump?

Post by jadoti »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Wow...
Proud NRA Lifetime Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 27

Post by mojo84 »

NiMexicatl wrote: I 100% understand where you're coming from. This election isn't ideal, for me or a lot of others. I struggle with the contradiction of my political stances and the anti-gun association that seems to be hard to avoid these days. All I can say is I put my votes where I feel I must, based on both personal importance and compromise where I feel it is either unavoidable or unlikely to to truly occur. I don't want this to be taken as a specific statment on the 2nd ammendment. It's just my approach in a general sense.

I try to make it as informed as possible. I try to urge moderation and education in my personal life. I've made the mistake of not being careful enough with my words on the internet before. I try to avoid it where I can, but admittedly that's not always the case.

Nuances of conversation can be lost on these forums, and a lot of people fall directly into attack mode when backed by the majority. So I'll stay out of this one and most others where I can help it.
If I voted base on how I feel about this election and the two main candidates, I wouldn't vote. Neither candidate is anywhere near ideal in my opinion. However, based on what I know and think I have to vote for Trump. Sometimes as adults, we can't just go along with what we "feel". Sometimes we have to make hard decisions and do what is right based on what we think and know.

We know Hillary's history and where she stands on most major issues. We know what Trump is saying his position is. That is what we need to make our decision on and do what is right for the country even if both candidates are less than palatable.

I also think a republican majority congress will be able to reign in Trump than they would Hillary. Hillary would just run over congress like Obama has.

I hope I spoke clearly enough so there are no nuances that get lost in my conversation as I do not intend this as nothing but a direct non beating around the bush pleading to vote based upon what you know and think and not so much what you "feel".
Last edited by mojo84 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

mojo84 wrote:
NiMexicatl wrote: I 100% understand where you're coming from. This election isn't ideal, for me or a lot of others. I struggle with the contradiction of my political stances and the anti-gun association that seems to be hard to avoid these days. All I can say is I put my votes where I feel I must, based on both personal importance and compromise where I feel it is either unavoidable or unlikely to to truly occur. I don't want this to be taken as a specific statment on the 2nd ammendment. It's just my approach in a general sense.

I try to make it as informed as possible. I try to urge moderation and education in my personal life. I've made the mistake of not being careful enough with my words on the internet before. I try to avoid it where I can, but admittedly that's not always the case.

Nuances of conversation can be lost on these forums, and a lot of people fall directly into attack mode when backed by the majority. So I'll stay out of this one and most others where I can help it.
If I voted base on how I feel about this election and the two main candidates, I wouldn't vote. Neither candidate is anywhere near ideal in my opinion. However, based on what I know and think I have to vote for Trump. Sometimes as adults, we can't just go along with what we "feel". Sometimes we have to make hard decisions and do what is right based on what we think and know.

We know Hillary's history and where she stands on most major issues. We know what Trump is saying his position is. That is what we need to make our decision on and do what is right for the country even if both candidates are less than palatable.

I hope I spoke clearly enough so there are no nuances that get lost in my conversation as I do not intend this as nothing but a direct non beating around the bush pleading to vote based upon what you know and think and not so much what you "feel".
Good point Mojo. There are way too many feelings voters and not enough thinking voters.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

mojo84 wrote:

I've told friends; Voting for Trump is like playing russian roulette with a revolver. Voting for Hillary is like playing russian roulette with a semi-auto.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Here is a list that can work as a springboard to some research. http://www.npr.org/2016/06/12/481718785 ... foundation
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Flightmare wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

I've told friends; Voting for Trump is like playing russian roulette with a revolver. Voting for Hillary is like playing russian roulette with a semi-auto.
I've said it's the difference between a fully loaded revolver and one with just one cartridge loaded.

NiMexicatl
Posts in topic: 6

Post by NiMexicatl »

mojo84 wrote:

I also think a republican majority congress will be able to reign in Trump than they would Hillary. Hillary would just run over congress like Obama has.

And this is why I try to stay out of it. I post something basically stating I have an opinion and respect yours, but want to stay out of the conversation because on internet people are just going to jump on anything I say.

You read too much into my choice of words. You're trying to discredit my point of view by implying I act on emotion instead of reason. An opinion is nothing more than a feeling backed (and sometimes not backed) by observation.

If someone tries to harm you or your family I would assume you would FEEL the need to act. And what drives this feeling? Is it a purely irresponsible, emotional drive that compels you? Is it not possible that you could logically conculed based on reason and observation that there is a need to act to prevent something bad and/or facilitate something good? And through this could be compelled to FEEL the need to defend someone or yourself? Is your action negated because you felt something?

I would argue that if you felt nothing about "things you know" that you would not vote at all, or respond to my post, etc.

Me stating that I feel the need to do something does not necessarily imply that it is without thought. Again, I have done my research. My conclusion is very different from yours. You can say what you want, I'm just not going to get into it. We both have access to all the same information. Do what you will with it and I will do the same.

I FEEL that often people make up their mind before they even start the conversation.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Abraham »

Feewings, nothing more than feewings, trying to forget my feewings for clinton.

Sorry old chum, but feelings don't substitute for thinking.

Please, let me ask: Are you of the liberal persuasion?

You posted: " because on internet people are just going to jump on anything I say"

Wow!

Really?

On anything you say?

Why is that?

Are you a celebrity or something akin to that?

Not being snarky, just curious.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I forgot to mention, Vote for Trump!

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KD5NRH »

Flightmare wrote:I've told friends; Voting for Trump is like playing russian roulette with a revolver. Voting for Hillary is like playing russian roulette with a semi-auto.
A vote for Hillary is more like playing Russian roulette with a hand grenade at a gas station during a group hug with all your closest friends.

NiMexicatl
Posts in topic: 6

Post by NiMexicatl »

Abraham wrote:Feewings, nothing more than feewings, trying to forget my feewings for clinton.

Sorry old chum, but feelings don't substitute for thinking.

Please, let me ask: Are you of the liberal persuasion?

You posted: " because on internet people are just going to jump on anything I say"

Wow!

Really?

On anything you say?

Why is that?

Are you a celebrity or something akin to that?

Not being snarky, just curious.
There's just no getting through to some of you is there? I did not say feelings substitute thinking. I don't understand what's missing here. Let me break this down to a few points:

1. My post had two instances of the word "feel" as highlighted by mojo84:

All I can say is I put my votes where I feel I must, based on both personal importance and compromise where I feel it is either unavoidable or unlikely to to truly occur.

2. In his response he attempts to argue that my usage of the word feel is in opposition to his approach of thought:

3. In my last post I explained that the word feeling does not exclude thought or reason by its mere utterance. Thinking and feeling are not mutually exclusive. They are not by necessity equal nor are they in opposition to one of another. In many instances, such as my usage in my posts, one is driven by the other.

Question: Are you arguing that any of this is untrue? Are you arguing that thought cannot result in a feeling? Or that my feeling the need to do something is inherently devoid of thought? I don't get it. What is being lost in translation here?

4. People will OFTEN jump on anything I say if it is in opposition to the majority on places like this forum. I thought that was very well illustrated by the hollow argument, hinged on a single usage of a single word that I explained above.

5. My political stances fall to the liberal side often. And often they don't. I thought this was clear in my previous posts. What is with the obsession with this?

Not really a question: Let me ask are you of the conservative perssuasion? Actually, I don't care because I'm not going to frame your entire political belif system based on the answer to some restrictive defenition.

Not being snarky or a diva but wow, really? I fail to see how the tone of your response is warranted. I have done nothing but try to avoid confrontation here and have only defended my rather moderate statements. All the while I say just leave me out of it. I only respond when someone tries to twist my words.

Ex: because I said "feel" i don't use thought or because I said everyone's going to jump on me I'm wow, really, a celebrity.

I'm done. Just done. This is getting ridiculous. I can't tell if this is trolling or just people who can't help it.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 10

Post by bblhd672 »

On Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:33 pm you wrote:
NiMexicatl wrote:To put it simply, I honestly don't think there's much at this point that can convince me to vote Trump.
Now, on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:32 pm you wrote:
NiMexicatl wrote:However, based on what I know and think I have to vote for Trump.
I guess we have accomplished something, since now you are convinced to vote for Trump.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

NiMexicatl

Buh-by!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

bblhd672 wrote:On Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:33 pm you wrote:
NiMexicatl wrote:To put it simply, I honestly don't think there's much at this point that can convince me to vote Trump.
NiMexicatl wrote:However, based on what I know and think I have to vote for Trump.
I guess we have accomplished something, since now you are convinced to vote for Trump.
That second comment about voting for Trump is mine. It appears he didn't feel like using the quote function or "".

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 10

Post by bblhd672 »

mojo84 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:On Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:33 pm you wrote:
That second comment about voting for Trump is mine. It appears he didn't feel like using the quote function or "".
Ah..well don't I look like a dummy!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”