Matt Damon Dreams of Gun Confiscation in America

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Matt Damon Dreams of Gun Confiscation in America

Post by bblhd672 »

We all should stop paying to watch these peoples' movies, tv shows, etc - whether in the theater or dvd or pay per view.
When they broadcast on cable or over the air note which companies are advertising and send them a note telling them you will no longer buy their products if they continue to support anti-Constitutional people.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

rotor wrote:Actors have one talent and that is reading a script and converting that into a character and even that needs a director. The intelligence to write that script is missing in most of them. A parrot can be trained to speak, it doesn't make them smart. Who cares what they think?
Generally true.......but the analogy falls on its face specifically with Damon. Matt Damon is the co-writer with Ben Affleck of "Good Will Hunting" (1997) and "Gerry" (2002), and with John Krasinski he cowrote the screenplay for "Promised Land (2012). The first of those three titles was a HUGE hit. I agree that what you said is generally true about a lot of the noisy anti-gun pie-holes in Hollwood, but don't make the mistake of failing to respect the intelligence of every one of your enemy's. Yes, a lot of them are dolts, but not all of them are. Some are very smart.......but very wrong. I don't think Obama is a stupid person. I think he is "gifted" with a malevolent intelligence. The problem is that his intelligence is unbridled by a moral center. With Matt Damon, he's actually a pretty smart guy. He just lacks an appreciation of individual liberty. He lacks that appreciation because he has been a pretty rich guy for a long time now, and his wealth has insulated him from the consequences of liberty's loss, so he is not upset by the idea of squashing it for others. Whenever he feels he needs protection, he does like any good liberal, and he just hires someone to get their hands dirty for him.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

bblhd672 wrote:We all should stop paying to watch these peoples' movies, tv shows, etc - whether in the theater or dvd or pay per view.
When they broadcast on cable or over the air note which companies are advertising and send them a note telling them you will no longer buy their products if they continue to support anti-Constitutional people.
But movies are fun!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

philip964 wrote:As a Jason Borne movie fan, I hate it when the actor has to spout their liberal gun views, especially before a new movie.

However, if you have paid attention to the previous Borne Movies, Matt Damon's character will often shun guns in the movie. Since he is on the run traveling by air from city to city he cannot have a gun since he must go through the airport security just like everyone else. (he is a common person rather than an elite) He generally gets his guns from his opponents, CIA agents, police officers, and bad guys, who he expertly disarms.

If he is not in immediate danger he often sets the gun down and leaves it behind.

So if you go and see his new movie, look for this. It will make you much more cautious about keeping a hold of the gun you have before it is snatched away by Matt Damon.
Sounds like something added to the screenplay by liberal Hollywood writers. don't remember Bourne's aversion to guns in the books. Maybe Damon had them add it.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
rotor wrote:Actors have one talent and that is reading a script and converting that into a character and even that needs a director. The intelligence to write that script is missing in most of them. A parrot can be trained to speak, it doesn't make them smart. Who cares what they think?
Generally true.......but the analogy falls on its face specifically with Damon. Matt Damon is the co-writer with Ben Affleck of "Good Will Hunting" (1997) and "Gerry" (2002), and with John Krasinski he cowrote the screenplay for "Promised Land (2012). The first of those three titles was a HUGE hit. I agree that what you said is generally true about a lot of the noisy anti-gun pie-holes in Hollwood, but don't make the mistake of failing to respect the intelligence of every one of your enemy's. Yes, a lot of them are dolts, but not all of them are. Some are very smart.......but very wrong. I don't think Obama is a stupid person. I think he is "gifted" with a malevolent intelligence. The problem is that his intelligence is unbridled by a moral center. With Matt Damon, he's actually a pretty smart guy. He just lacks an appreciation of individual liberty. He lacks that appreciation because he has been a pretty rich guy for a long time now, and his wealth has insulated him from the consequences of liberty's loss, so he is not upset by the idea of squashing it for others. Whenever he feels he needs protection, he does like any good liberal, and he just hires someone to get their hands dirty for him.
I agree, there are some very intelligent people who are actors/writers/directors in Hollywood. There are intelligent people in several walks of life who I disagree with. I will defend with my life, their right to speak their mind and express their opinions. I just wish that the general populace would stop worshiping at the alter of entertainment, and stop giving more weight to the opinions of those who they see on the big screen, as if they have more insight into the lives of everyday people, when they live in secluded affluent areas, with assistants to do the drudge work, and have sequestered themselves so far away from the real world. I have been a fan of Matt Damon's work as an actor and screen writer, I still have no issue with his work. I am a fan of several people who I disagree with their lifestyle choices, and their opinions, I just don't give their views any more credence than I do anyone else's.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

ScottDLS wrote:
philip964 wrote:As a Jason Borne movie fan, I hate it when the actor has to spout their liberal gun views, especially before a new movie.

However, if you have paid attention to the previous Borne Movies, Matt Damon's character will often shun guns in the movie. Since he is on the run traveling by air from city to city he cannot have a gun since he must go through the airport security just like everyone else. (he is a common person rather than an elite) He generally gets his guns from his opponents, CIA agents, police officers, and bad guys, who he expertly disarms.

If he is not in immediate danger he often sets the gun down and leaves it behind.

So if you go and see his new movie, look for this. It will make you much more cautious about keeping a hold of the gun you have before it is snatched away by Matt Damon.
Sounds like something added to the screenplay by liberal Hollywood writers. don't remember Bourne's aversion to guns in the books. Maybe Damon had them add it.
I watched the first movie...it was so far from the book, it was pathetic so I have not given the rest of them a glance. When they changed the premise in the first book that much, they couldn't help but destroy the continuity in the following movies...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

rotor

Post by rotor »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Damon may be one of those exceptions as far as intelligence. Does not mean he has a basic understanding of the constitution or that he has ever read it. If he actually wishes that guns in America should be confiscated I think that defines him as being stupid.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

rotor wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Damon may be one of those exceptions as far as intelligence. Does not mean he has a basic understanding of the constitution or that he has ever read it. If he actually wishes that guns in America should be confiscated I think that defines him as being stupid.
The winner!!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

lildave40 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Redneck_Buddha wrote:Derka derka.
"Matt Damon"
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

In the newest Bourne trailer for pending release, the first view of Damon shows him with a firearm.

He is a wasted piece of flesh wasting valuable oxygen.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/l ... gun-910441

Lena Dunham calls for defacing gun on Jason Borne movie poster.

If you don't know who Lena Dunham is, you need to find out. Know thy enemy.

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

Let him and his other elite anti peers start with their own armed security.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”