NRA and Russia

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

NRA and Russia

Post by chasfm11 »

I was poking around, looking for the NY Times article against which Thomas Sowell penned a rebutal in December, 2016. My search turned up this gem from last month.

Breathtaking was my first reaction after reading it. Goldberg has apparently been scouring the universe, looking for dots to connect the NRA to Russia.
The result appears to be as substantial as a black hole in space.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/opin ... %20Control

Looks like a really long shot at a "two-fer" to me - trying to smear the NRA and the Trump Presidential campaign in the same space. The Russians and the American Conservatives. Now that is a match made in heaven if there ever was one. :biggrinjester:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Chaparral
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA and Russia

Post by Chaparral »

It is curious, though, that an NRA delegation would be visiting a repressive, totalitarian state like Russia, and that a former Duma member and deputy head of the Russian central bank would attend the NRA convention. I would like to see the National Rifle Association clarify its relationships with any foreign entities.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Chaparral wrote:It is curious, though, that an NRA delegation would be visiting a repressive, totalitarian state like Russia, and that a former Duma member and deputy head of the Russian central bank would attend the NRA convention. I would like to see the National Rifle Association clarify its relationships with any foreign entities.
Not so strange. Know your enemy and what you are fighting for.

We will never win a idealogical war if we don't understand the enemy.

No one understands the need for self protection than a wealthy powerful Russian citizen
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

In other news, OJ is still looking for his ex-wife’s killer........
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:In other news, OJ is still looking for his ex-wife’s killer........
Jimmy Hoffa is still missing......
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

allisji

Post by allisji »

Tucker Carlson last night played a scintillating little video clip of precious little Adam Schiff claiming that Russia is attempting to prop up our second amendment so that we will all kill eachother. Fast forward to 4:35 in the embedded youtube.

https://youtu.be/dVKnHHF9mXA?t=4m35s
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

allisji wrote:Tucker Carlson last night played a scintillating little video clip of precious little Adam Schiff claiming that Russia is attempting to prop up our second amendment so that we will all kill eachother. Fast forward to 4:35 in the embedded youtube.

https://youtu.be/dVKnHHF9mXA?t=4m35s
Schiff was my representative when I lived in SoCal. He’s a lying sack of manure, who never once gave a straight answer to any question. He’s a complete and total party apparatchik who has never had an original thought of his own. I’ve met him a number of times, and his (then) chief of staff, whom I’ve also met several times, is a woman who was a classmate of my brother’s.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

dino9832

Post by dino9832 »

Did they stop to think about that "theory" at all?
For a government to go to war, they need to ramp up arms production. Then ramp up recruitment of military personnel.
Train them, and also provide barracks, bases, etc.. How long does that take? What if the threat was an immediate invasion? And how would they finance such a thing?

In America, ramp up arms production? Our factories are already pumping out millions of firearms a year. At the expense of the gun buyer, not the government! Training? Seriously, how many gun ranges and avid shooters are in the USA? The infrastructure is already there. There are guys on this forum alone that have thousands invested in firearms. Any foreign government need only look on the internet to see proof of this.
The thing is, trained and well armed Americans (in gun friendly states) are in most every neighborhood. Even walking the streets armed.
Kinda makes you proud to be an American! :patriot:
So how does this help Russia? :smilelol5:

Like the movie Red Dawn:
This is reality:

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I saw both the Swalwell interview and the segment with Mark Steyn when they were broadcast.

The worrisome point for me out of all of this is the constant attacks on everyone at all levels. I have no doubt that all of the manure flinging at the National level has emboldened some of the locals to follow suite because I've seen some more of it personally. I've seen attacks on my church and on the NRA. Anyone who goes to the church is a hater because the church believes xxxxxx. The local anti-gun nuts have really come out and use the NRA as the whipping post. They hate Trump and by association anyone who voted for him. They hate the NRA and by association any member. While I've never been a fan of bumper and window stickers, this seems like a really good time not to have them. You never know when some off the rails kook is going to decide to take their ire out on your vehicle.

The OP article seems to be all the fuel that they need.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

That second picture looks more like Israel than the USA.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

BBYC wrote:That second picture looks more like Israel than the USA.
Check out the ice-cream cone just to the left of the girl in the red top -- really checking out that rifle!! :shock:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

dino9832

Post by dino9832 »

sjfcontrol wrote:
Check out the ice-cream cone just to the left of the girl in the red top -- really checking out that rifle!! :shock:
I bet the guy behind the counter doesn't screw up their orders! :mrgreen:
I originally found the picture here: http://presentationsunplugged.com/blog/ ... t-the-rnc/
doing a search on "McDonald's open carry."

Sure enough, I found the same picture here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/553942822893594344/
It's a Pinterest page dedicated to IDF, or Israel Defense Forces! And here I thought it was Texas. :txflag:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

dino9832 wrote:Did they stop to think about that "theory" at all?
For a government to go to war, they need to ramp up arms production. Then ramp up recruitment of military personnel.
Train them, and also provide barracks, bases, etc.. How long does that take? What if the threat was an immediate invasion? And how would they finance such a thing?

In America, ramp up arms production? Our factories are already pumping out millions of firearms a year. At the expense of the gun buyer, not the government! Training? Seriously, how many gun ranges and avid shooters are in the USA? The infrastructure is already there. There are guys on this forum alone that have thousands invested in firearms. Any foreign government need only look on the internet to see proof of this.
The thing is, trained and well armed Americans (in gun friendly states) are in most every neighborhood. Even walking the streets armed.
Kinda makes you proud to be an American! :patriot:
So how does this help Russia? :smilelol5:

Like the movie Red Dawn:
This is reality:
This was very true prior to and during WW1, we were a nation of riflemen, WW2 there was still enough rural America to produce riflemen in large numbers, men who grew up with a gun in their hands, even now there are Millions of Americans in the possession of Millions of guns and Billions of rounds of ammuntion, no matter how you slice it, that is one heck of an army! I have been shooting since I was 4yo, hunting since I was 10yo, I taught my son to shoot at 4 and he was hunting at 7, I know others that are products of their family teaching the art of the rifle, mess with this segment of America at your own peril!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

dino9832 wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
I bet the guy behind the counter doesn't screw up their orders! :mrgreen:
I originally found the picture here: http://presentationsunplugged.com/blog/ ... t-the-rnc/
doing a search on "McDonald's open carry."

Sure enough, I found the same picture here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/553942822893594344/
It's a Pinterest page dedicated to IDF, or Israel Defense Forces! And here I thought it was Texas. :txflag:
Interesting. They all appear to have a magazine connector but two appear to have their magazines rubber banded to the pistol grip.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Well, you can not be accused of being a threat if its not loaded!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”