Law Banning Gun Possession Due to Restraining Order is Unconstitutional

The SCOTUS decision in NYSRPA v. Bruen has spawned numerous 2A cases. This justifies the creation of this new forum.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Law Banning Gun Possession Due to Restraining Order is Unconstitutional

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paladin wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:47 am One more unconstitutional law falls:

I have known guys over the years in nasty divorce situations have wives claim all kinds of crazy things to make his life miserable. Claiming they were afraid of him for no good reason, simply to make it miserable for him or in an attempt to keep him from seeing the kids. They seem to be able to get restraining orders issued easier than buying a big gulp at 7-11. I did not realize there were laws in place taking away the right to possess a firearm. This is a good ruling IMHO. The person is still forbidden to contact the person they are issued the order for. I can personally attest to the fact that not all or even most restraining orders automatically mean abuse or threatening behavior based on folks I have known over the years.

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:57 am

I have known guys over the years in nasty divorce situations have wives claim all kinds of crazy things to make his life miserable. Claiming they were afraid of him for no good reason, simply to make it miserable for him or in an attempt to keep him from seeing the kids. They seem to be able to get restraining orders issued easier than buying a big gulp at 7-11. I did not realize there were laws in place taking away the right to possess a firearm. This is a good ruling IMHO. The person is still forbidden to contact the person they are issued the order for. I can personally attest to the fact that not all or even most restraining orders automatically mean abuse or threatening behavior based on folks I have known over the years.
Absolutely! Restraining orders are handed out like party favors during Divorces
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K.Mooneyham »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:57 am

Obviously I have zero proof, but I'd imagine it has become a matter-of-fact for the woman's lawyer to tell her to go get a restraining order as the first step in the divorce proceedings, specifically for leverage during the hearing.

Return to “Second Amendment Cases”