First LEO Encounter w/ CHL

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Eddie A.
Posts in topic: 1

First LEO Encounter w/ CHL

Post by Eddie A. »

About a week ago I was doing 48 in a 35 on Main St. in Lancaster, TX. I know it's irrelevant, but this is one of those back country roads where nobody ever follows the speed limit because there's nothing out there, but somtime the PD sets a speed trap. Anyway, I'm an Army reservist and of course a CHLer so the officer comes to my window and I already have my DL and CHL in hand ready to hand over. I also make it a point to always leave my wallet open on my lap so that my Military ID can be seen. As I hand the officer my DL and CHL I inform him that I have my weapon on my right hip at 4 o'clock. Officer says, "that's fine" and goes back to his car. When the officer returns, he has what I assume is my ticket. The officer asked me where I was stationed, because he'd seen the Military ID on my lap. I tell him that I'm a reservist and it turns out that he is a reservist to. Officer hands me my printed WARNING and tells me to have a nice day. All in all I'd say that it was a positive LEO encounter.

Now let me say, I don't expect my CHL or my Military ID to get me out of every ticket. However, I am thankful when they do. :grin:
"I'd rather have my gun and not need it, than need it and not have it."

phddan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by phddan »

Another happy ending. :grin:

Dan

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”