EDIT: A&M University PD Strikes Again

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 4

Post by seamusTX »

Well, they came up with a clever way of getting around it.

- Jim

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gregthehand »

College Station cops are not the best. Most of them spend 85% of their time jacking up college kids for stupid stuff or no reason, and the city does not seem to mind. As far as this stop is concerned unfortunatley I met cops who used it (when I was working as one) often and got away with it. This was two counties over and it was still somewhat popular there as well. Just so everyone knows there is no statutory requirement of how many lights you need, just that your rear license plate be illuminated and visible at night from 50 feet. I have pulled people over for this at night many times and I can tell you that one way I would check is when I would get behind them I would quickly turn my head lights off then back on to see if it was illuminated. It can be hard to tell because of the reflective paint our plates use. It's very obvious to tell if it really is out or not. The whole it was dirty thing is crap and should be dealt with. As far as writing a warning for it at 6pm I'd deffinatley be up at the PD with some paper work showing what time sunset was that night over that one.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

gregthehand wrote:I would quickly turn my head lights off then back on to see if it was illuminated. It can be hard to tell because of the reflective paint our plates use.
Thank you for perfectly illustrating the point I had planned to make: the requirement that license plates be illuminated is completely pointless. No dinky little license plate bulb can come close to the illumination power of headlights.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”