Lake Dallas PD

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
endigo
Posts in topic: 2

Lake Dallas PD

Post by endigo »

I was pulled over in Lake Dallas for taking too long to slow down to 20 MPH in a school zone. When he turned on his lights I didn't see a place to pull over immediately and was planning to go to the next side street to get off of the main road. I could tell that he was irritated by the way he kept bumping the siren, so I found a private drive and pulled up into it.

When he came to the window I had my insurance and my wallet in my lap and my hands on the wheel. He asked me for insurance and identification and handed him insurance, DL and CHL. He asked me if I was armed, then where it was. I said on "On my person". He told me to keep my hands on the wheel and that I was going 29 in a school zone, then he went back to his vehicle.

He returned to the vehicle with a warning. He also advised me to stop immediately when they have the lights on as it raises suspicion that I am trying to hide something. :nono:

All in all this was a positive contact. Even had I received a ticket, he did not disarm me as I have seen elsewhere in this topic. :thumbsup:
--... ...--
endigo

Kimber Ultra CDP II

40FIVER
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 40FIVER »

I'm really surprised you got a warning with the response you gave him about the location of your cw. I would have taken that response as an insult if I had been the officer. I guess that's why I'm not a cop. :smile:
40FIVER

9mmGuy

Post by 9mmGuy »

40FIVER wrote:I'm really surprised you got a warning with the response you gave him about the location of your cw. I would have taken that response as an insult if I had been the officer. I guess that's why I'm not a cop. :smile:
Why? if i were a cop thats where i would expect it to be. Edit: for a CHL holder

sounds like a good stop. they are crazy strict about school zones around here. I have heard stories about people being ticketed for reckless driving, instead of speeding.
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

jason

Post by jason »

Thanks for the positive post...
Jason

Thane

Post by Thane »

I've replied, "It's put away, in its holster" before. The officer understood what I meant, and that I was saying I intended to keep it "put away." :lol: If he'd wanted more info, I'd have given it, but that answer satisfied him.

Topic author
endigo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by endigo »

I should also add that I was always addressing the officer with a respectful "Sir" at the end of most sentences.
--... ...--
endigo

Kimber Ultra CDP II

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”