DART Police

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
aguyindallas
Posts in topic: 2

DART Police

Post by aguyindallas »

A couple of weeks ago....I was pulled over by the DART Police on my way to work. When he approached the car and asked for my DL etc...I just handed him my DL, CHL, and insurance card. I didnt say either way that I was carrying as I felt like since I handed him my license, it was understood that I WAS carrying. He took them all, never said a word about any gun, wrote me my ticket, and sent me on my way.

By the way, did you know it costs $296.00 to drive in the HOV lane by yourself on I35 in Dallas?

phddan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by phddan »

"By the way, did you know it costs $296.00 to drive in the HOV lane by yourself on I35 in Dallas?"

:shock:
Thats a lot of bullets and powder.

Dan

BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

LOL,
And make sur eyou do not pull over for them while inside the double white line, they add another ticket for that one. Keep on going until you get to a HOV exit spot and THEN pull over.
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

AEA

Post by AEA »

I have never been in a HOV lane.........
I don't know where they have exits and it may not be where I am going......
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

txinvestigator

Re: DART Police

Post by txinvestigator »

aguyindallas wrote:By the way, did you know it costs $296.00 to drive in the HOV lane by yourself on I35 in Dallas?
Ought to be more.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stevie_d_64 »

txinvestigator wrote:
aguyindallas wrote:By the way, did you know it costs $296.00 to drive in the HOV lane by yourself on I35 in Dallas?
Ought to be more.
I hate it when "exempts" drive on them...

There was one we were driving behind a couple of months ago...Just a plain old Taurus vehicle, no exempt plates, but the guy (driving by himself on the HOV) thought I was riding on him pretty close (so what if I was) and he decided to throw on his "wig-wags" in the rear tail lights...

What a "Woo Woo"...Took the tag number home and ran it...Turns out it is a vehicle owned by the City of Houston...

I guess its ok to do this... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm not a big fan of single riders on HOV lanes...Government vehicles or not with single riders in them...

Kinda defeats the intent don't you think???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

stevie_d_64 wrote:I'm not a big fan of single riders on HOV lanes...Government vehicles or not with single riders in them...
About a month ago, while traveling to work on I59, I saw a police officer in uniform heading to work on a Harley in the HOV lane with no helmet and a do-rag on his head.

I felt it set a bad example for several reasons, not the least of which was the inappropriate use of the HOV lane.

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

Lodge2004 wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:I'm not a big fan of single riders on HOV lanes...Government vehicles or not with single riders in them...
About a month ago, while traveling to work on I59, I saw a police officer in uniform heading to work on a Harley in the HOV lane with no helmet and a do-rag on his head.

I felt it set a bad example for several reasons, not the least of which was the inappropriate use of the HOV lane.
I thought motorcycles were allowed in the HOV lane without abiding by the passenger restrictions.

DFWCHLer

Post by DFWCHLer »

BrassMonkey wrote:LOL,
And make sur eyou do not pull over for them while inside the double white line, they add another ticket for that one. Keep on going until you get to a HOV exit spot and THEN pull over.
State law says you are required to yield right of way by pulling to the right upon approach of an emergency vehicle displaying lights and siren. If they write you a ticket for crossing the double-white in an attempt to yield, I'd be chewing a police chief out in very short order.

Topic author
aguyindallas

Post by aguyindallas »

Well, he got behind me and stayed there without his lights on until I exited the lane, at the appropriate spot. Then, as soon as I exited the lane, he gave me the lights.

BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

That's typically how it works...
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Lodge2004 wrote:

HOV lanes are open to single riders on motorcycles, by federal law. The logic was they are saving ags and reducing congestion by the riding a bike.

As for the do-rag, I am surprised his agency lets him get away with it in uniform. If they know, that is.
Steve Rothstein

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

I think it's a good idea to allow motorcycles in the HOV lane if the goal is to reduce congestion and save fuel. Maybe we can get the laws fine tuned even more. If a little Honda Civic needs two people to use the HOV lane, maybe Suburbans and Expeditions and Hummers should have at least three people.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

boomerang wrote:I think it's a good idea to allow motorcycles in the HOV lane if the goal is to reduce congestion and save fuel. Maybe we can get the laws fine tuned even more. If a little Honda Civic needs two people to use the HOV lane, maybe Suburbans and Expeditions and Hummers should have at least three people.
Base it on person-miles/gallon:
Economy car - 30mpg, 1 person = 30 p-m/g
SUV - 15mpg, 2 people = 30 p-m/g
F350 - 10mpg, 2 people = 20 p-m/g

No reason the Accord should be kept out of the lane when the trucks get to use it.

9mmGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 9mmGuy »

KD5NRH wrote:
boomerang wrote:I think it's a good idea to allow motorcycles in the HOV lane if the goal is to reduce congestion and save fuel. Maybe we can get the laws fine tuned even more. If a little Honda Civic needs two people to use the HOV lane, maybe Suburbans and Expeditions and Hummers should have at least three people.
Base it on person-miles/gallon:
Economy car - 30mpg, 1 person = 30 p-m/g
SUV - 15mpg, 2 people = 30 p-m/g
F350 - 10mpg, 2 people = 20 p-m/g

No reason the Accord should be kept out of the lane when the trucks get to use it.
my boss has a turbo diesel F350 and gets about 25 mpg on the highway. just cause there big does not mean they aren’t efficient.
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”