So my wife rear ends a cops wife, 8 cop cars show up

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
lawrnk
Posts in topic: 2

So my wife rear ends a cops wife, 8 cop cars show up

Post by lawrnk »

Yesterday @ the intersection of blackhawk and belway 8 on the feeder, we are stopped at a light. My wife is driving and our baby is in back seat.
My wife isn't paying attention, lets the brake off and bumps a car at a couple miles an hour in front of us, a truck. Letting off a couple expletives I likely should not have, we get out and apologize. The lady is really mad, like fuming. Understandable I guess. She states "my husband is a cop and I called him." OK, I'm thinking. Her damage was that black dealer border around her license plate fell off, not a scratch or anything else.
So a wrecker comes and she tells him "who her hubby is" and he starts kissing her rear", then a sherrif comes and she agains has to mention who her hubby is, a sargeant with the constable 7th. I ask the Leo, my kid is really upset. We have about 2 bucks in damage here. Can I give my info and just leave? Nope, gotta wait on her hubby he said. So, another constable shows up in a supervisor car. The sherrif had asked that we pull off the feeder and in front of the first house off blackhawk.
3 constables with BLAZING sirens pull up going the speed of light.

So the supervisor walks up and says he is my sargeant so since it is a conflict, we must wait for precinct 3. During this time, 4 more cops with blazing sirens zoom up saying they hear it was a "domestic dispute"
About this time the wife has turned like a light switch, and is being REALLY nice. Husband is also very nice. I apologize, but state I cannot believe we have 8 cop cars, more than 10 cops reporting to an accident with 2 bucks in damage.

Turns out that house we pulled in front of? They had a domestic abuse call there minutes before, and it was being ignored because all the police thought it was related to the call that went out about his wife's accident. Nuts I tell you.
My brother is a Leo, and I know my brother would send a car to check on her. But this was quite the fiasco.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

See...I tell ju one time!!! The Constables and Sherrif's are pretty darn fast in our neck of de woods...

We are a hop, skip and jump from there muh friend...I thought I heard some commotion over that way...What time of day???

Small world! ;-)
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Will938
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Will938 »

So her uproar over this mess could of escalated DV for whoever else was involved. I hope she's happy with herself.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

If I am not mistaken...

I see that a Pct. 3 and 7 showed up, and its a Pct. 2 jurisdiction at that intersection...

I bet they all went to Niner's across from H.E.B. after all was said and done... :roll: :lol:

And the Oscar for best over-reaction at a 10-50 minor issssssszzzz???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

VrRotate
Posts in topic: 1

Small World

Post by VrRotate »

I'm in 77089 as well, very small world!

Topic author
lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

stevie_d_64 wrote:See...I tell ju one time!!! The Constables and Sherrif's are pretty darn fast in our neck of de woods...

We are a hop, skip and jump from there muh friend...I thought I heard some commotion over that way...What time of day???

Small world! ;-)
It was about 4:45pm on Saturday
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”