State Trooper Contact

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Elotemuygrande
Posts in topic: 1

State Trooper Contact

Post by Elotemuygrande »

Have not received my plastic yet, so I was under the newly improved "travelling" laws.

Pulled over by DPS trooper between Lampasas and Goldthwaite doing 84 in a 65, so I did get a ticket this time.

Officer: Do you have a pistol in that lock box?
(I have a Gunvault that I keep beside my bed and when taken into a family residence. I was surprised that he noticed it amongst all my Christmas baggage. I would have thought that he would have noticed my African Grey parrot in the backpack first haha)
Me: No sir, no pistol in the box.
Officer: Do you have a pistol in the vehicle?
Me: Yes sir, in the front console.

He politely asked me to step around back while we were talking. Also asked if I had a felony, presumably to verify that I could legally own a pistol. Other than that, not an issue, pleasantly surprised. I'm a lot less worried about LEO when my card arrives now.

Target1911
Posts in topic: 1

Re: State Trooper Contact

Post by Target1911 »

Sounds like a good stop to me.

I was stopped in my wrecker for speeding not to long ago (about a month before the revised law went into effect). I had a couple of gun rags in the front seat. I watched the look on his face change when he noticed them. His questions were then.....
Do you have a CHL?
........no sir, However, I just took my class 2 days ago
Do you have any guns in the truck? (in a voice of....I hope he doesnt cause I really dont want to arrest him for it)
........no sir
Ok, Have a good day and Slow Down.

It was a good stop but acted like he would really hate to arrest me for having a gun w/o a CHL.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”