Good stop between Gladewater-Tyler.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Good stop between Gladewater-Tyler.

Post by flintknapper »

Yesterday, my daughter "a Nursing Student"...had a "clinical" in the Tyler area about 60 miles North of here.

She was not paying attention to her speed and was stopped for doing 68 in a 55 as she approached the city.

She said she handed the officer her DL and CHL...and he asked if she had her pistol with her. She did not. She told me he asked her why not...and recommended that she do carry it with her. They talked briefly about her "nursing school" also...she said.

He then said he'd be right back, and returned with her well deserved ticket.

She seemed kind of disappointed about getting the ticket, but I straightened her out on that right away. She is used to getting warnings here in Nac. and somehow thought she might get away with this one too.

I told her, if you break the law...expect to be ticketed...you deserve it (which she knows).

What happens here (small college town) is...the locals know her vehicle (Firebird with custom plates) and they are just cutting her some slack. She gets a few DWC's from time to time too.

So, good stop if you ask me. I like pro-CHL officers. :thumbs2:
Last edited by flintknapper on Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Good stop between Gladewater-Tyler.

Post by longtooth »

There are so many here that have received only a warning. When I got stopped I too got the well deserved ticket.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

longtooth wrote:There are so many here that have received only a warning. When I got stopped I too got the well deserved ticket.

Well....she is in good company then.

I've just been lucky I guess.

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

Sounds like she found the Van Zandt County speed trap.

I don't don't think they give warning in that area. I always try to watch my speed in that county after they got me about 15 years ago travelling back to Shreveport from DFW. They have quite the reputation. I have been a passenger when pulled over in VZC two other times.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:Sounds like she found the Van Zandt County speed trap.

I don't don't think they give warning in that area. I always try to watch my speed in that county after they got me about 15 years ago travelling back to Shreveport from DFW. They have quite the reputation. I have been a passenger when pulled over in VZC two other times.

Uh-oh....now you've done it. :eek6

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

flintknapper wrote:

Its OK. He hasn't been around for a while now.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Liberty wrote:
flintknapper wrote:

I dunno, I'll bet he's lurking.

Speed Trap
Speed Trap
Speed Trap
Speed Trap
:mrgreen:

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

flintknapper wrote:
flintknapper wrote:

I dunno, I'll bet he's lurking.

Speed Trap
Speed Trap
Speed Trap
Speed Trap
:mrgreen:[/quote]

:oops: OK what did I miss? Who might I have upset with the phrase speed trap? I have been hanging around here for a little while and I must have missed this one. Please explain even if by PM.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

:oops: OK what did I miss? Who might I have upset with the phrase speed trap? I have been hanging around here for a little while and I must have missed this one. Please explain even if by PM.

One of our respected forum members takes exception to the term "speed trap". He correctly points out that there is no such thing. And technically he is right.

Civilians often use the term in a context that isn't really fair when describing an officer just doing his/her job.

Anyway, we're all friends here...and we sometimes "gig" one another about things we disagree over. And thats about it. :cool:

We certainly mean no disrespect to any of the fine folks that enforce our traffic laws and put their lives in jeopardy every day making it safer for us all.

I want to make that very clear.

Vladigar

Post by Vladigar »

Well, sorry this has to be my first post on this forum but this hit a hot button with me:

I don't define a "speed trap" as law enforcement doing its job. I define it as the illogical placement of posted speed signs to take advantage of the flow of traffic and surrounding terrain. Couple that with the fact that you'll see a good amount of East Texas law enforcement vehicles hauling tail when they're not in their own jurisdictions (watch Hwy 259 from Nacogdoches to Kilgore during the days of the training excerises in Kilgore) and I'm not inclined to care much if someone takes offence to the term "speed trap."

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Vladigar wrote:Well, sorry this has to be my first post on this forum but this hit a hot button with me:

I don't define a "speed trap" as law enforcement doing its job. I define it as the illogical placement of posted speed signs to take advantage of the flow of traffic and surrounding terrain. Couple that with the fact that you'll see a good amount of East Texas law enforcement vehicles hauling tail when they're not in their own jurisdictions (watch Hwy 259 from Nacogdoches to Kilgore during the days of the training excerises in Kilgore) and I'm not inclined to care much if someone takes offence to the term "speed trap."
It's probably the town and the department that sets these policies not the Law officer who pulls people over. Some folks believe cops and excops are always in the right. Others believe they are mostly good people who are trying to do a difficult job.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Vladigar wrote:Well, sorry this has to be my first post on this forum but this hit a hot button with me:

I don't define a "speed trap" as law enforcement doing its job. I define it as the illogical placement of posted speed signs to take advantage of the flow of traffic and surrounding terrain.
+1
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

9mmGuy

Post by 9mmGuy »

sounds like a good stop. well it ended in a ticket so i guess it wasn't that good, but at least both parties were professional and polite.
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

Topic author
flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

9mmGuy wrote:sounds like a good stop. well it ended in a ticket so i guess it wasn't that good, but at least both parties were professional and polite.

Thats my take on it too.

Officer was correct to issue ticket, daughter was speeding and deserved it.

Officer apparently was pro-carry and even advised my daughter to do so (usually she does).

She has had a few DWC's around town here that didn't result in a ticket (tail light out, no front license plate, check inspection sticker, check for wearing seatbelt) so I guess she thinks she'll always get a "pass". :nono:

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

flintknapper wrote:She has had a few DWC's
Driving While Cute?

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”