3 Deputies, 1 DPS, and a few other stories

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
para45
Posts in topic: 3

3 Deputies, 1 DPS, and a few other stories

Post by para45 »

Well first time posting in the section.....

1st time pulled over Sheriff
Was a passanger in car, sheriff never asked for ID, however i volunteered that i was chl and armed, he then called in back up, he thanked me at the end of the stop for telling him.

2nd time DPS
Was driving down construction zone, and i seen the DPS coming from the opposite direction, i knew that he was going to get me. (out of date inspection) OH YEA. So he passes me then swings around, lights me up, the guy in back of me wont let him by, so i just slow down and pull off the road, DPS approaches he say, I pulled you over for......I the interupted and stated that i have a chl, he then asks me to step out which i glady did, he then stated i will be right back just keep ur hands where i can see them. (no prob) He then comes back and ask do i have insurance, i state yes sir it is in the glove box, want me to get it, no he replied gave me a ticket and i was on my way. Just went down and had it dismissed after i got the truck insected

3rd time Sheriff
Well i was driving into town around 2100 one night and i see 3 sheriff cars parked along the road, one car actually still on the road, i slow down and then pass around them. next thing i know here comes one lights me up, and comes to the truck and says sir your tail light is out. (OH GREAT, I THINK) So i give he the chl, dl and insurance, he then goes back to the car, then i next thing i know another sheriff pulls in back of me, then another, well about 5 mins later a lady deputy approachs and says im blank from local sheriff office, i am the ranking officer so i am taking over the stop, i say ok kool, she then gives me my warning for the defective LP light i continue on my way. 3 deputies for one chl holder WOW.

4th time DPS
Well here again a passanger, driver gets pulled over for no front plate, fell off or something. DPS states for the driver to get out and come to the rear of the car, so they dont get ran over. then dps does the normal things, then asks for insurance its in the glove box, so i say out the window here it is BTW, (chl and dl in hand) i have a ....the DPS officer finishs my sentence and says yea i know you have a CHL, let me guess .45 under that there vest, about 3:30, right side, i said yea, then he says i pulled u over before. I was like oh yea, but that was like over 6 months ago, but he must have remembered me for some reason. nice guy no complants

5th time Sheriff

Passenger again, no front LP, got pulled over for same thing twice in same day. Sheriff approaches with and states i from ....... sheriff dept., can i see your id and insurance to the driver. While i am at it he says can i see everyone ID. We all look like criminals, two 58 year old man and women and then me the 23 year.
LOL :lol:: I hand him mine with CHL on top and his attutude tottally changes. He was really stearn at first when asking for everyone''s ID. He asks me if i was armed, of course i was, then he states what is it. ".357 mag on right hip, you caught me with out the .45 today" He then chuckes, forgets to get the backsit passanger ID and then runs the driver DL and mine i guess, he then tells the other sheriff that is with him that i have a .357, and she watches me, and i watch her in the mirror. he then returns with a warning, and he then says is that comfortable the way you carry, i said of yea, (on hip in holster, of course it is comfortable) he then said have a good day. When they were walking back to there car, a plain truck pulls up behind them and a guy steps out in plain clothes. They just start talking the guy that gets out of the truck, and we drive on. Dont know if this was an off duty officer or what, but i watched out the mirror until we where over the hill.

All of these were good stops in my opinion so keep up the good work LEOs and stay safe :txflag:

Topic author
para45

Re: 3 Deputies, 1 DPS, and a few other stories

Post by para45 »

no actually this was only about a month ago

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NcongruNt »

Sounds like that 3rd one was a rookie that wasn't really sure how to handle the situation. Along comes the supervisor and teaches his subordinates how to properly handle the situation (with courtesy and knowledge of the law), and along you went.

Out of curiosity, why do you volunteer your CHL/ID when you're simply a passenger? Personally, I'd just sit tight unless asked for identification or questioned directly. Otherwise, I'd just be complicating a stop with more information for the officer to deal with that he/she needs.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Topic author
para45

Post by para45 »

I actually voluteer the information to see how the LEO reacts, is he professional, or not. Plus i need stories to tell on here

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”