Good stop in Fort Worth....

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Micten2
Posts in topic: 2

Good stop in Fort Worth....

Post by Micten2 »

I was in the final 5 minutes of a trip back from Houston yesterday. The whole trip had been done at around 80-85 mph(I hate driving distances)with no problems. As I'm coming over a hill(I was told later at 78 mph), I see him at the bottom. All I needed to see were his brake lights come on and I knew he had got me. Before I even passed him, I was working my way towards the right lane. Sure enough, he pulls out and lights me up. It started to sprinkle right as I pulled over. I turned my truck off and rolled the window down about half way to avoid getting wet. He approaches and I immediately hand him my DL, CHL, and insurance. He askes if I have my "weapon" with me. I say yes, it's in my center console. He says no problem, goes to his car, and returns with my ticket. He tells me to have a nice day. All went well. This was my first time to be pulled over since getting my CHL, and I guess it couldn't have gone better(without actually getting the ticket). 78 in a 60 should be a nice little fine.
Amateurs practice 'til they get it right, Professionals practice 'til they can't get it wrong.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Good stop in Fort Worth....

Post by flintknapper »

Micten2 wrote:I was in the final 5 minutes of a trip back from Houston yesterday. The whole trip had been done at around 80-85 mph(I hate driving distances)with no problems. As I'm coming over a hill(I was told later at 78 mph), I see him at the bottom. All I needed to see were his brake lights come on and I knew he had got me. Before I even passed him, I was working my way towards the right lane. Sure enough, he pulls out and lights me up. It started to sprinkle right as I pulled over. I turned my truck off and rolled the window down about half way to avoid getting wet. He approaches and I immediately hand him my DL, CHL, and insurance. He askes if I have my "weapon" with me. I say yes, it's in my center console. He says no problem, goes to his car, and returns with my ticket. He tells me to have a nice day. All went well. This was my first time to be pulled over since getting my CHL, and I guess it couldn't have gone better(without actually getting the ticket). 78 in a 60 should be a nice little fine.

Officer did an excellent job, courteous, professional, no freaking out...no lectures, got you on your way again.

My hat is off to him/her. :tiphat:
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Topic author
Micten2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Good stop in Fort Worth....

Post by Micten2 »

flintknapper wrote:
Micten2 wrote:I was in the final 5 minutes of a trip back from Houston yesterday. The whole trip had been done at around 80-85 mph(I hate driving distances)with no problems. As I'm coming over a hill(I was told later at 78 mph), I see him at the bottom. All I needed to see were his brake lights come on and I knew he had got me. Before I even passed him, I was working my way towards the right lane. Sure enough, he pulls out and lights me up. It started to sprinkle right as I pulled over. I turned my truck off and rolled the window down about half way to avoid getting wet. He approaches and I immediately hand him my DL, CHL, and insurance. He askes if I have my "weapon" with me. I say yes, it's in my center console. He says no problem, goes to his car, and returns with my ticket. He tells me to have a nice day. All went well. This was my first time to be pulled over since getting my CHL, and I guess it couldn't have gone better(without actually getting the ticket). 78 in a 60 should be a nice little fine.

Officer did an excellent job, courteous, professional, no freaking out...no lectures, got you on your way again.

My hat is off to him/her. :tiphat:
Agreed. I was hoping that my CHL might get me off the hook, but I knew I deserved the ticket. Usually when I'm in my work clothes I carry my XD9SC in an ankle holster. It started bothering me during the drive, so I took it off and put it in my console. Otherwise, I carry in a KD IWB holster which I love. KD makes a great holster.
Amateurs practice 'til they get it right, Professionals practice 'til they can't get it wrong.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”