First encounter with CHL

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
elwood blooz
Posts in topic: 4

First encounter with CHL

Post by elwood blooz »

I was involved in a strange accident yesterday. Short version is a truck was hit which put him into a slide striking me in a parking lot at a store waiting to enter the road. Two Troopers roll up and takes everyone's ID & insurance. Takes both TDL, CHL and never said a thing. It was as if I hadn't even handed it to him at all. When he handed it back to me it was under my TDL as so no one in the circle of people would see it.( I'm guessing this is why ) A good encounter I suspect although nothing happened.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First encounter with CHL

Post by Keith B »

elwood blooz wrote:I was involved in a strange accident yesterday. Short version is a truck was hit which put him into a slide striking me in a parking lot at a store waiting to enter the road. Two Troopers roll up and takes everyone's ID & insurance. Takes both TDL, CHL and never said a thing. It was as if I hadn't even handed it to him at all. When he handed it back to me it was under my TDL as so no one in the circle of people would see it.( I'm guessing this is why ) A good encounter I suspect although nothing happened.
Hope it didn't cause too much damage to your car! :mrgreen:

I am sure your demeanor, as well as that of the others kept any question about your carrying a non-issue. :cool:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
elwood blooz

Post by elwood blooz »

Keith B wrote:
elwood blooz wrote:I was involved in a strange accident yesterday. Short version is a truck was hit which put him into a slide striking me in a parking lot at a store waiting to enter the road. Two Troopers roll up and takes everyone's ID & insurance. Takes both TDL, CHL and never said a thing. It was as if I hadn't even handed it to him at all. When he handed it back to me it was under my TDL as so no one in the circle of people would see it.( I'm guessing this is why ) A good encounter I suspect although nothing happened.
Hope it didn't cause too much damage to your car! :mrgreen:

I am sure your demeanor, as well as that of the others kept any question about your carrying a non-issue. :cool:
You found a pic of our first car!. My truck was totalled but at least it was a company vehicle but that just meant I had to follow SOP and the UA & breath test, a total waste of my day.

Tactical_Texan_CHL

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

Did you ever get the cigarette lighter to work?

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it!

Ha! One of my all-time favorite movies!
TacTex
NRA Life Member

shaggydog

Post by shaggydog »

elwood blooz wrote:Takes both TDL, CHL and never said a thing. A good encounter I suspect although nothing happened.
Your very, very luck. Apparently he did not hear the radio call that "the use of excessive force has been authorized". :lol:

Topic author
elwood blooz

Post by elwood blooz »

shaggydog wrote:
elwood blooz wrote:Takes both TDL, CHL and never said a thing. A good encounter I suspect although nothing happened.
Your very, very luck. Apparently he did not hear the radio call that "the use of excessive force has been authorized". :lol:
"rlol" Very true!

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Glad to hear that you weren't hurt AND you had a good CHL experience with LEO. :mrgreen:
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
elwood blooz

Post by elwood blooz »

Lumberjack98 wrote:Glad to hear that you weren't hurt :mrgreen:
The Lord had his hands around me protecting me from harm. By looking at the vehicle one would think someone would have been seriously injured.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”