Welcome to the funny spot on your dial!

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Welcome to the funny spot on your dial!

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

At a member's suggestion, we've added this new forum for LEO Bloopers!

This can really be fun, but post funny stories only. This is not a forum for venting or ranting about COPS. And please don't give the LEO's names if the event could still cause them problems!

It's been my experience that LEO's have some of the funniest stories to tell on each other, so let have some fun with this, but not at anyone's expense.

Regards,
Chas.

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Thanks Charles.

I look forward to reading the posts.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Welcome to the funny spot on your dial!

Post by carlson1 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:At a member's suggestion, we've added this new forum for LEO Bloopers!

This can really be fun, but post funny stories only. This is not a forum for venting or ranting about COPS. And please don't give the LEO's names if the event could still cause them problems!

It's been my experience that LEO's have some of the funniest stories to tell on each other, so let have some fun with this, but not at anyone's expense.

Regards,
Chas.
A BIG PLUS ONE.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I guess because I can't work in LE any longer and all I can do is reminisce about the good old days I will start this thing off. In the early 80's we shared a patrol car with our partner. We had partners for 3 days a week and then the other days we kept the car at our house and was by our self. Me and my partner had a good relationship and we were friends. It was a constant play time. We were only in our late 20's. I had delievered the car to his house one night and I had turned all of the gear as loud as it would go so when he started the car at 5:00AM he would get the surprise of his life. I thought it was great. Well I expected something when I got the car back on my days. I walked the car over could not find anything. Our Sgt came up from Canton to ride with me for an evaluation day and we got in the car, started it, turned the air condition on and my partner had sprayed all of the air vents with mace. At the time not funny. But later we laughed for two weeks because he had a two week non paid vacation. Sgt did not laugh :razz:

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

carlson1 wrote:I guess because I can't work in LE any longer and all I can do is reminisce about the good old days I will start this thing off. In the early 80's we shared a patrol car with our partner. We had partners for 3 days a week and then the other days we kept the car at our house and was by our self. Me and my partner had a good relationship and we were friends. It was a constant play time. We were only in our late 20's. I had delievered the car to his house one night and I had turned all of the gear as loud as it would go so when he started the car at 5:00AM he would get the surprise of his life. I thought it was great. Well I expected something when I got the car back on my days. I walked the car over could not find anything. Our Sgt came up from Canton to ride with me for an evaluation day and we got in the car, started it, turned the air condition on and my partner had sprayed all of the air vents with mace. At the time not funny. But later we laughed for two weeks because he had a two week non paid vacation. Sgt did not laugh :razz:
I used "fart spray" (Spencer's at Baybrook Mall) in the A/C in my VFD's first-out engine company...

I had issues back then...And my solutions were fairly creative...

They are still probably wondering who did that... :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

jbirds1210

HOLY CRAP

Post by jbirds1210 »

As many of you know, I work with LEO on a daily basis....so I am fortunate enough to hear many of their tales....some of them which are very very tall! Here is one that I heard the other day and knowing this group fairly well.....I don't doubt for a second that it happened.

This all starts with a bunch of guys having the key to their supervisor's car. For months the guys would turn up the radio, turn on the windshield wipers and so forth....until they got bored. Then......

They decided to take four marine flares, some electric tape, a handful of various wires and electric clips and fashion them into something that would make you use the bathroom on yourself if you looked over and saw it in your seat. :lol: To top it off the guys taped a pager onto the front of this fake explosive and paged it when they saw the officer get into his car! He looked over, jumped out of the car and gave the device a good Holywood style sling across the parking lot :anamatedbanana
I think it has taken years for the poor guy to live this down, but he likes to think of himself as having done the right thing in a potentially dangerous situation......I myself would have been moving away from the object and not grabbing it to do anything!
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Good idea, Charles.

Funny stories so far. I loof forward to hearing more.

John
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John »

These are funny... this should make for some interesting reading.
JohnC

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Mr. Charles you should let this run for about six months and then write a book. Give the proceeds to the NRA, TSRA, or our Forum. ;-)

longtooth

ND means no discharge.

Post by longtooth »

Early 80's I served as Chaplain for the County Sheriff Dept. Some of those guys really needed on. On of the deputies got a trigger job on his Smith .357. Every day he bragged about how smooth it was. He passed it around for all to try. It was really nice. Next qualifying day he was really bragging. It had been several months since the trigger job. You guessed it. That slick trigger would not make a sound louder than click. When I left the county after graduating from school that was still being talked about & he was still getting red. :oops:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

flintknapper
Banned

Re: ND means no discharge.

Post by flintknapper »

longtooth wrote: You guessed it. That slick trigger would not make a sound louder than click. When I left the county after graduating from school that was still being talked about & he was still getting red. :oops:

Wow, thats funny and scary at the same time. At a time when you need your weapon to go "bang", that "click" would seem like the loudest sound in the world.

I'll bet he took a lot of ribbing over that one. :lol:

John

Post by John »

This happened to me maybe 12 years ago. I was, without a doubt, speeding on I-45 north of Houston on my way to Conroe for a meeting. I spotted a police car on the feeder road and noticed that he wanted to get on the freeway and was in quite a hurry to do so. I knew this because I saw his lights flashing and noticed his rather rapid turn through the grassy shoulder. Well I was driving a dark green Taurus and by coincidence I was just passing a rather similar slow driving green Ford Taurus on the highway. A quick glance in the rearview mirror showed the police office pulling over the other green Ford Taurus about half mile behind me.

I felt kind of bad for the guy, but I also got a chuckle thinking about the conversation being had between him and the policeman. “But officer, it wasn’t me�, “yeah right�. No doubt a blooper on the part of the police officer, but he might not even know it. Any yes, I did slow down for the remainder of the journey.

The only other funny story I have goes back to my honeymoon. While speeding towards Kerrville on our honeymoon, I was pulled over just outside of the town. “Officer, I’m sorry for speeding but it’s our honeymoon and we’re on our way to the Y.O. Hilton in Kerrville�… He gives me that “Oh yeah, like I’ve never heard that one before� look, so I took off my wedding band and showed him the date inscribed on the inside. He laughed and said “you’re almost there, just take it easy and drive slow�.

Not as funny as others posted, but humourous none the less.
JohnC

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Yes Flint, but on the firing line it was smuthered completely by the laughter. I felt sorry for this guy but he was continually shooting off his mouth about any & everything & all he every hit was his foot.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

gomowdude

Conceal a shotgun

Post by gomowdude »

A LEO friend of mine works the worst part of our town so he has some interesting stories both good and bad. When our families get together for dinner it usually ends with the girls talking girl stuff and my friend telling me stories of his nightly patrols. Some are serious and some get us laughing till we can barley stay in our chairs. One of my favorites is as follows. My friend was cruising in his patrol car with his partner and noticed a guy walking more abnormal than usual for a guy with his pants sagged so low they are about to fall off and he kept fumbling with his pants near his crotch. He sensed the need to make a u-turn and confront the individual. He approached the guy from behind and stopped his car, got out and he and his partner both approached the guy. They shouted at him to stop and he did, they then demanded to see his hands, he said "I can't". My friend drew down on the guy and advanced and shouted again "show me your hands," he said, "I can't." My friend warned him again with the remark, "you are about to die! show me your hands!." At this he finally pulled his hands out of his pants and a sawed off shotgun fell out. They tackled him to the ground and roughed him up a bit and after cuffing him began asking him why he would not show his hands and if he realized how close he was to being shot. He began to cry and said, "man I couldn't man, cause I would drop the gun........and if I lost that gun man, I would be in big trouble." They asked why he would be in so much trouble and he said, "its my moms man, its my moms shotgun man, its my moms." They said, "whats worse going to jail or loosing your moms gun" and placed him under arrest, the whole time he was crying and just kept saying, "its my moms man, its my moms.....shes going to kill me for loosing that gun..." Rule of thumb, don't take your moms shotgun out for a walk shoved down your pants.
Gomowdude
Tarrant County
11/18 Class-on target firearms
11/19 Application mailed
11/21 Application received in Austin
12/16 PIN received in mail
1/14 License issued or certificate active
1/16 Plastic in hand

ninemm

Re: Welcome to the funny spot on your dial!

Post by ninemm »

Years ago, a LEO buddy (Tom) was a Dallas Motorcycle officer. During the State Fair one year, he hopped on one of those three wheel motorcyles to give chase to someone and forgot it was a three-wheel vehicle. The perp went between two trailers and Tom took the same path. The front of the vehicle made it just fine. The back two wheels? Not so much.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”