Rookie And His First Traffic Stop

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Rookie And His First Traffic Stop

Post by carlson1 »

I was reading over some old papers I had a came across this and it is funny now, but then it was not. I graduated one night and was in the patrol car the next day. We had a chance to be off, but I had worked to hard to take off. I wanted the rush. I could not wait to make the first traffic stop. Sent to Wood County Texas working Hwy 69 between Mineola and Emory TX. I had my training officer. I was driving. We are headed West violator heading east. Clocked 69 in 55 locked in radar. Turned cruiser around. Got right behind violator and lit her up (just like the text book said). Vehicle pulls over. I call in traffic stop and 28/29 (just like the text book said). Doing good so far. I bail out quick. My patrol car kept moving. Next thing I know we are calling for someone to work the (you guessed it) THE WRECK. Well after three days off without pay. Repremand in folder. Six months of ridicule. I was almost off of probation :lol:

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stevie_d_64 »

When was this???

My Dad is retired now and lives east of Quitman...We've had land out there for about 40+ years...

We're very familiar with the people and the area...

Sorry to hear about your accident there though...Bet it was a hoot...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Baytown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Baytown »

Man, I can't believe you got three WOP days for that. OUCH.

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

XD_Dan

Post by XD_Dan »

I know exactly where that is. I have family that lives in between Miller Grove and Cumby. There ain't much out there. :lol:

You ever eat at Mitchell's in Miller Grove? I love that place. I heard they moved, last year, to a new location.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

No sir. Back in those days the only place to eat in our county was the "Yall Come Back Cafe" in the great metroplex of Alba, Texas.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

carlson1 wrote:No sir. Back in those days the only place to eat in our county was the "Yall Come Back Cafe" in the great metroplex of Alba, Texas.
If you blink, you'll miss it...

I remember going with a friend to hunt doves in the lake basin area of Lake Fork, before they closed off the spillway back in the day...

And it wasn't Dick Cheney...Y'all don't go there... :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

AG-EE

Post by AG-EE »

So, did you still give the guy a ticket? :smile:

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

It was a lady and I did not give her a ticket. :oops:

dpatterson

Post by dpatterson »

Anybody know a Trooper by the name of Hogue around the Quitman Area?

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

dpatterson wrote:Anybody know a Trooper by the name of Hogue around the Quitman Area?
Sounds familiar, my Dad would know better than I...I'll ask him after he gets back from church...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

In the 80's there was Trooper Vaughn, Delafield, Krump, McCullum, and Roger Lough who is now a Texas Ranger in Paris, Texas. I am not for sure about now.

Boma

Post by Boma »

so carlson you ran out of the car and didn't put the car in park? LOL that sucked.

The Marshal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Marshal »

carlson1 wrote:In the 80's there was Trooper Vaughn, Delafield, Krump, McCullum, and Roger Lough who is now a Texas Ranger in Paris, Texas. I am not for sure about now.
Wow... having 'growd up' in Mineola back then, I can still see all the faces of these guys in my head!
I remember being on good terms with Mr. Lough and Mr. Delafield... :grin:

~Bill

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

carlson1 wrote:No sir. Back in those days the only place to eat in our county was the "Yall Come Back Cafe" in the great metroplex of Alba, Texas.
You know better than that.
Its "Alba by God Golden" to all the natives... heheh

~Bill

Tx Trooperstang

Re: Rookie And His First Traffic Stop

Post by Tx Trooperstang »

Bringing this out of the woodworks. But I own the 89 Texas Highway Patrol Mustang that Delafield and Lough drove. It is fully restored to it's Inservice glory. I have displayed it the 75th Texas DPS Anniversary Shows in Houston and Austin. I keep tring to get up to the Mineola Quitman area just to do a drive through. I understang that Lough has retired and that Delafield had passed away. Any history or pictures would be appreciated.

Tom

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”