1st contact after having CHL

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
stoneface
Posts in topic: 1

1st contact after having CHL

Post by stoneface »

I was pulled over today for an expired inspection sticker in FW. I was sitting at the stoplight and the officer turned left toward me. I saw him look at my sticker and knew I was busted. We went through the stoplight before he lit me up and I carefully pulled over into a parking lot (I was in the left-hand lane, but I still took the time to carefully change lanes as I have been told by a FWPD officer that they infinitely prefer you to pull over on the right). I had the ignition off and my two cards in hand when he walked up. He handed my CHL right back with no questions.

The officer was very professional and friendly, and was helpful in explaining how to get the ticket taken care of.

Overall, this was the best kind of stop one could hope for (other than none at all). The ridiculous irony is that I just fixed the problem that was keeping my truck from passing THIS MORNING and was planning to get it inspected this afternoon. :grumble

Disturbed

Re: 1st contact after having CHL

Post by Disturbed »

Sorry to hear about the ticket, But sounds like a good stop overall.
George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

bryang

Post by bryang »

It sounds like everything went very good... outside of the ticket! :grumble
I wish all of our officers here in Texas would act in such a professional manner when stopping a CHL holder.
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

Mark F

Post by Mark F »

For the most part, Texas LEO's are understanding, reasonable people. They are human just like you and I and they have good days and bad days. I got stopped heading into town by a Dallas Constable. He was courteous and I did everything by the book, and I got a speeding ticket. Afterall, I was SPEEDING!
Image Only when the best will suffice.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”