Encounters with SAPD

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
badgerw
Posts in topic: 1

Encounters with SAPD

Post by badgerw »

Last week I was rear-ended on the way to work.

Damage was about zero. The guy who hit me was mid-20s, nice fellow. His first accident.

I asked if we could call it even. He was hesitant. So I called San Antonio PD.

We both had DL, insurance, etc ready. I had my CHL with my DL.

I was carrying.

The responding officer never asked me if I was carrying. He was totally routine about it. Returned my papers and gave us an accident report. No drama.

This is my third encounter with SAPD since I began carrying. Each time, I have shown my CHL along with my DL. Each time, it generates ZERO interest.

YMMV one hell of a lot,
Bill

AEA

Re: Encounters with SAPD

Post by AEA »

Sounds good! San Antonio is a beautiful City. Good to hear it is also CHL Friendly with regards to Local LEO!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

AEA wrote:Sounds good! San Antonio is a beautiful City. Good to hear it is also CHL Friendly with regards to Local LEO!
It is a wonderful city, Its just to bad their Chamber of Commerce has worked so hard to disarm working people.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ELB

Post by ELB »

badgerw wrote:Last week I was rear-ended on the way to work.

The responding officer never asked me if I was carrying. He was totally routine about it. Returned my papers and gave us an accident report. No drama.

Bill
Squares with my experience. I was a witness to a traffic accident -- when the SAPD officer asked for a driver's license, I also gave her my CHL and she immediately handed it back without apparent interest.

elb
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”