My name is Led Jedi and I'm a complete dork... again

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
LedJedi
Posts in topic: 1

My name is Led Jedi and I'm a complete dork... again

Post by LedJedi »

I was on my way over to meet philbo for a trade today about noon and accidentally turned the wrong way on Smith downtown.

I completely forgot that Smith is one way. When i turned i was immediately facing 4 cars coming toward me.

Luckily one of them was a LEO. He immediately hit his lights and pulled over into my lane to block traffic.

I was 1/2 freaked out and 1/2 dying of laughter at my stupidity.

The officer got out and walked up to my (now open) window. i promptly handed him my license and CHL and thanked him over and over for turning on his lights and blocking traffic. Well, i did as much thanking as i could between laughing. I don't know why, i found the whole thing hilarious that I would do something so completely silly after driving downtown for almost 10 years.

The officer was very cool about it. He didn't even give me a warning and gave me concise directions on how to get where I was going. He also kept his car in place so i could back up to the nearest street and right myself.

I wish I'd have got his name. I'd call the police office and give the guy a glowing compliment.

flintknapper
Banned

Re: My name is Led Jedi and I'm a complete dork... again

Post by flintknapper »

LedJedi wrote:I was on my way over to meet philbo for a trade today about noon and accidentally turned the wrong way on Smith downtown.

I completely forgot that Smith is one way. When i turned i was immediately facing 4 cars coming toward me.

Luckily one of them was a LEO. He immediately hit his lights and pulled over into my lane to block traffic.

I was 1/2 freaked out and 1/2 dying of laughter at my stupidity.

The officer got out and walked up to my (now open) window. i promptly handed him my license and CHL and thanked him over and over for turning on his lights and blocking traffic. Well, i did as much thanking as i could between laughing. I don't know why, i found the whole thing hilarious that I would do something so completely silly after driving downtown for almost 10 years.

The officer was very cool about it. He didn't even give me a warning and gave me concise directions on how to get where I was going. He also kept his car in place so i could back up to the nearest street and right myself.

I wish I'd have got his name. I'd call the police office and give the guy a glowing compliment.

Agreed!

Kudos to the officer for seeing the simple mistake for what it was, for immediately making things safe for everyone...and for getting everyone back on their merry way unscathed.

"To serve and protect" was demonstrated in the best possible way! Good on ya officer (who ever you are)! :thumbs2:
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Gotta watch out for philbo...he's a little squirlly..... ;-)

Sounds like you handled the situation well. Kudos to the cop.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Pinkycatcher

Post by Pinkycatcher »

I've done that before in downtown, it was night time and packed and I hate driving downtown anywhere anytime, I turned left on a one way street then saw the cop and pulled a nice little loop to go back around. I will never drive downtown, I just let someone else do it from now on, parking is horrible and trying to navigate is impossible when you can't see anything but buildings and they all look the same...

And I live in Fort Worth we barely have a downtown! :lol:

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

LedJedi wrote:I wish I'd have got his name. I'd call the police office and give the guy a glowing compliment.
Just write them a letter with the time/date and location; they can look up in the logs who checked out where at that time.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

But you were only going one way
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

Led,

It's called a One Way not a "My Way" "rlol"

Glad ya got turned about and out of any warnings and such.

Rok
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”