I was speeding in a....

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 2

I was speeding in a....

Post by TexasComputerDude »

well, I made a mistake. A really dumb mistake. I was driving down highway 287 and came across a school zone and a police officer. My radar detector was going off like crazy and I even saw the sign that said 35Mph. Well, I thought to myself, "self, I'm not going to screw this up, I'm gonna do it right." well, I pass the cop and he lights me up. Somehow I was going 55Mph and thought it was perfectly normal.

Well, we chat for a while and I tell him "sir, I don't know what to tell you." We laugh some and he lets me go with a warning to slow it down in the future.

I still don't know exactly how I got it in my head that 55Mph was the correct speed limit, but he could have def. written me a ticket lol.

I guess with all the traffic I was just watching out for other cars and not thinking about keeping it at 35. My truck doesn't like going 35, it cruises at 70 real well.

all in all, I'd say it was a positive experience, I wonder if having a chl would have made any difference. He also didn't say a word about my radar detector even though it was going off like mad when he came to my window.
Glock 30 - main ccw

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I was speeding in a....

Post by KC5AV »

Was this recently? If so, what school is in session in July?
NRA lifetime member

Topic author
TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I was speeding in a....

Post by TexasComputerDude »

oh no, a few months ago, i was just reading and thought I'd post my own lol.
Glock 30 - main ccw

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”