Not all are bloopers, but random pics...

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Chris
Posts in topic: 3

Not all are bloopers, but random pics...

Post by Chris »

thought i'd share some photos, since i don't work for that department anymore.

You know you're having a bad day when...

the air conditioner in the crown vic i was in actually did this speed.

gig 'em aggies.

downtown dallas.

and to back up my ant pile story, i took a picture of one of the stupid things after a t-stop.

and what can i say; i'm the leader of the pack.

if i could find them, i'd shoot the person that did this. it was 18 degrees when i took this picture. i found him a good home on the day he was to be put to sleep.

this was my 'cockpit.'

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

This is just plain bad to the bone right here. I could think of a lot worse places to be. That's a pretty tricked out looking black rifle you've got in there too. :twisted:

nitrogen

Re: Not all are bloopers, but random pics...

Post by nitrogen »

Chris wrote:thought i'd share some photos, since i don't work for that department anymore.

I'm not sure I understand what this is supposed to be. Some type of wannabe bomb or something?
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

AG-EE

Post by AG-EE »

I'm glad you saved the dog...and I share your sentiment about what should be done with the person that left it there.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

The Carmex bomb confuses me as well. :headscratch

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

dws1117 wrote:The Carmex bomb confuses me as well. :headscratch
I nominate you to light it and find out... :lol:

I'll be waaaaayyyy over here when you do... :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I have to hand it to the pursuit guys...Y'all have some nice rigs!

One question...

When you're going 140-150 mph...If you have to answer or make a radio call, do you have to take your eyes off the road reach over and grab the mic, or do y'all have those VOX ear pieces that let you maintain the tried and true two hands on the wheel while doing that???

I personally would hate to have to answer one of those "Where are you" calls while going that fast...

Just curious... :smile:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
Chris

Post by Chris »

stevie_d_64 wrote:I have to hand it to the pursuit guys...Y'all have some nice rigs!

One question...

When you're going 140-150 mph...If you have to answer or make a radio call, do you have to take your eyes off the road reach over and grab the mic, or do y'all have those VOX ear pieces that let you maintain the tried and true two hands on the wheel while doing that???

I personally would hate to have to answer one of those "Where are you" calls while going that fast...

Just curious... :smile:
that's not the hard part. i was trying to get the rifle out once running 130-135 on the highway while the stupid sling got tangled on the flashlight sleeve. THAT sucked. i ended up having to use my pistol to take down the robbery guys. i teach pursuit driving. the way i teach is shuffle steering. you can steer the car and hold the mic without having to worry about getting the cord wrapped up. it's definitely a multi-task job.

the fastest i ever chased anyone was 145. i've had that car up to 150. i assure you, public roads are not made for 100+ speeds.

the carmex was a mini bomb. i have a couple other pictures that i took around that, but some profanity prevented me from posting it. i got that from a search warrant for dope and identity theft. the postal inspector wanted to keep it so he could go light it off and see how destructive it was. i'm sure the carmex shrapnel would have been a bad deal if it went off unknowingly. i know he's still around, so i guess it wasn't too bad. :grin:

SJRTX

Post by SJRTX »

I recognize Kevin's Camaro from Northlake PD. His car is serious business (even has nitrous on it).

Topic author
Chris

Post by Chris »

SJRTX wrote:I recognize Kevin's Camaro from Northlake PD. His car is serious business (even has nitrous on it).
it WAS serious business. they made him take it out of service. i don't know if he's still getting vehicles from frank kent or not though. haven't talked to him in a few months.

Glockamolie

Post by Glockamolie »

My old 2000 B4C Camaro, courtesy of Texas DPS:

- Brandon

zedsdead

Post by zedsdead »

I'm with you on the dog...and his former owner.

maximus2161

Post by maximus2161 »

Sweet! You used to work for Richland Hills....man what a small world! Buddy of mine worked there..now he is over at NRHPD where all my buddies are.

HotRod68Camaro

Post by HotRod68Camaro »

Chris wrote:
SJRTX wrote:I recognize Kevin's Camaro from Northlake PD. His car is serious business (even has nitrous on it).
it WAS serious business. they made him take it out of service. i don't know if he's still getting vehicles from frank kent or not though. haven't talked to him in a few months.
its wierd how i see people from different boards. especially since the 2 are non related. i recognize kevs car also. i am a member of ls1tech.com

Will938

Post by Will938 »

Hang out on http://www.ls1tech.com much :grin:

edit: geeze, the both of you. I'm on tech too.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”