Here's my LEO Encounter

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SC1903A3
Posts in topic: 2

Here's my LEO Encounter

Post by SC1903A3 »

This Monday morning at 02:30 I hear a pounding on my door. I grab my bed side gun and look out by bedroom window. My van which is parked on the street in front of the house is on fire. I run to the front door and my neighbors 17 yr old kid is yelling my vans on fire. I grab the garden hose and knock down the flames on the outside. Irving Police and fire department show up. The fire gets put out, the vans a total loss. The officer asks for my DL for the report. As I hand him my DL Iand inform him that I have a CH and start digging for the license. He tells me to not worry about it that all he needs is the DL. I'm up till 05:00 when the arson investigator finishes taking evidence. It turns out someone had torched the van.

Rokyudai
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Here's my LEO Encounter

Post by Rokyudai »

Sorry to here about your misfortune. It sort of pales the encounter, which by the way, glad nothing came of it.

Good luck

Rok
NRA Benefactor Member

CodeJockey

Post by CodeJockey »

Wow, sorry to hear about that. I hope they catch whoever did it.
Always watch your six!
NRA Life Member

Topic author
SC1903A3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SC1903A3 »

The problem with this random stuff is that the bad guys rarely get caught. I've been around long enough to not dwell on the bad and to just move on with my life. The good things outweigh the bad 10 to 1.

MTICop

Post by MTICop »

Great attitude and I'm guessing great insurance?!
Adversity doesn't build character....it reveals it.

USAF (Retired)
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

bryang

Post by bryang »

WoW! sorry to hear about that. I do hope they will catch the perpetrator...soon!

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

SC1903A3 wrote:The problem with this random stuff is that the bad guys rarely get caught. I've been around long enough to not dwell on the bad and to just move on with my life. The good things outweigh the bad 10 to 1.
Depends on how stupid they get; we had some bozos shooting out windows late at night with a BB gun that kept it up for hours until they were caught. The cops explainEd to them how the felony charges were much better than what several of their victims would have been justified in doing to them. About half the victims actually managed to get a look at the vehicle, and among the couple dozen reports they had a pretty detailed description and most of the plate number by the time a cop happened to be close enough to hear the next window break.

Sounds like a small camera/DVR combo might be in order.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”